Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those wanting to add more switches, here is the part to help you accomplish your goal with an OEM look. Order part 77302-TA0-Y01ZA from a 2013 Honda Crosstour, price should be no more than $20. Installation is easy, remove the driver's side knee panel, disconnect connectors, and remove bezel by 3 phillips screws. Installation is the reverse. You can order the additional switch 08E10-TA0-1M035 and connector from Honda or go to a junk yard.

Greg

Attachments

·
Marcus
156 Posts
Solid info man. I know this is a tad off topic, but I ended up converting my little cubby hole into a spot for my bass knob for my system. It ended up looking a lot more professional than I thought an 18 year old could do haha.

Attachments

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Thanks. I was thinking about this very topic recently and was curious about finding the buttons and cutting new holes.

Scott C.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quick question. What usage does the Crosstour have for the 3rd switch on the bezel? What exactly goes on there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is the part # for the fog light button?
I did some research, the 8th gen Accords did not have a fog light button, but the Honda Fit did have kit with the button. I would guess that it would work as parts are interchangeable, but cannot guarantee it 100%. Ask your dealer if you could order part # 08V31-SMA-0M035, and light harness part 08V31-TK6-10030, but with option to return.

I got the part # and info from this website,
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-diy-led-tails-w-rear-foglight-ge8-sport.html

Greg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick question. What usage does the Crosstour have for the 3rd switch on the bezel? What exactly goes on there
One of the slots had a blank plate. One for the VSA. One for the lane departure warning. At least that is what I saw on the Crosstour on the showroom floor.

Solid info man. I know this is a tad off topic, but I ended up converting my little cubby hole into a spot for my bass knob for my system. It ended up looking a lot more professional than I thought an 18 year old could do haha.
Looks good, I even saw where someone put the ScanGauge E in the little slot.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
I am looking for a click in/out style button for my automatic headights addition rather than using the cheesy silver on/off switch included with the kit.

In reviewing the 08E10-TA0-1M035 button shown in the initial post with the 08V31-SMA-0M035 button shown in the later post, I think the second button will suit my purposes (has green LED showing when it is on). The blank needed to cover the third hole (position) is part #: 77755-TF0-000ZA. Also, the wiring diagram for the 08V31-SMA-0M035 button can be found as follows:

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/smart/userid/551699/blog/21189756/
(Note: This is Japanese and must be run through a translator, such as Google Translator. The wiring is described near the end of the page)

http://miyaan.c.blog.so-net.ne.jp/_images/blog/_003/miyaan/1336846000_176-92499.jpg?c=a0
(Picture showing the inside of the switch and pin positions)

In my installation, I only need 12v, ground, and 12v illumination, so I plan to tap those from the VSA OFF button.

Scott C.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
This is a great find, kudos :thmsup::thmsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am looking for a click in/out style button for my automatic headights addition rather than using the cheesy silver on/off switch included with the kit.

In reviewing the 08E10-TA0-1M035 button shown in the initial post with the 08V31-SMA-0M035 button shown in the later post, I think the second button will suit my purposes (has green LED showing when it is on). The blank needed to cover the third hole (position) is part #: 77755-TF0-000ZA. Also, the wiring diagram for the 08V31-SMA-0M035 button can be found as follows:

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/smart/userid/551699/blog/21189756/
(Note: This is Japanese and must be run through a translator, such as Google Translator. The wiring is described near the end of the page)

http://miyaan.c.blog.so-net.ne.jp/_images/blog/_003/miyaan/1336846000_176-92499.jpg?c=a0
(Picture showing the inside of the switch and pin positions)

In my installation, I only need 12v, ground, and 12v illumination, so I plan to tap those from the VSA OFF button.

Scott C.
I ordered 08V31-SMA-0M035, last week from the dealer, and I paid about $21.00 with tax. I hope this switch will be like the ambient light switch, in which, it will not be a momentary switch. I also hope that it will install like the ambient light switch. With tabs that a depressed to install and uninstall, and click into the slot. Looking at the Fit DIY, it does look illuminated, but I wont know if it will match the color of white. I will put more info as I get the switch this week.

Greg

Update: On post #54, I may have the possible functions of each pin.
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/electrical/12595-diy-honda-5-pin-magic-switch-6.html

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
I ordered 08V31-SMA-0M035, last week from the dealer, and I paid about $21.00 with tax. I hope this switch will be like the ambient light switch, in which, it will not be a momentary switch. I also hope that it will install like the ambient light switch. With tabs that a depressed to install and uninstall, and click into the slot. Looking at the Fit DIY, it does look illuminated, but I wont know if it will match the color of white. I will put more info as I get the switch this week.

Greg

Update: On post #54, I may have the possible functions of each pin.
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/electrical/12595-diy-honda-5-pin-magic-switch-6.html
Thanks for the follow-up. I ordered all of the parts I need yesterday and will update the post when installed. Can anyone provide the VSA OFF button pinouts since I cannot seem to find them for the 8th gen version of that button? Thanks.

Scott C.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got in the part, and it fits perfectly. There are two tabs, one on top and another on bottom that click into the opening. Now, I need to work on finding a cost alternative to the harness, which is about $40. I also need ideas on what to use this switch, the options are limitless. Please let me know if you need any other pictures or have questions.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone know if the cubby covers from the 8th gen Civic (77755-SVA-A00ZA) will fit the holes for the Crosstour?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes the civic blanks will fit, if you read the earlier posts he lists that part # .:yes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes the civic blanks will fit, if you read the earlier posts he lists that part # .:yes:
Just the saw the reply. I bought all three parts earlier LOL. The garnish is on backorder. :/

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
This is cool! But what can we do with the switch? Or in other words, what accessories (e.g. Interior illumination) can be added to this switch?

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
This is cool! But what can we do with the switch? Or in other words, what accessories (e.g. Interior illumination) can be added to this switch?
Your imagination is your own limit. As noted previously, I installed the aforementioned switch for my automatic headlights and used the blank as a back for my subwoofer pot knob. I still want to get some text for the plate face, but overall I think it looks pretty good. There are lots of slider type pots than can be used to control lights, including dimming. Others talked about wiring them to the backseat light, etc.

Scott C.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
It looks as if there is some confusion floating around the web about the exact pin out of the 08V31-SMA-0M035 switch.

Check out my fog light install thread, I have an exact diagram. I will be putting up an exact pin out diagram of the VSA shortly (on the same thread, stay tuned).

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198514
Thanks for posting the update, as well as the clear wiring details. That will definitely help others looking to make this addition.

Scott C.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts