Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
<error: divide by zero>
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snap out the door panel on the bottom by prying with a trim tool. If you dont have one, you might be able to get under there with a paint stirrer, and use something like the that. Just take it easy on it.

Once you pry out the bottom, Lift it up and over the lock mechanism.

You should still have one thing left to do: Unhook the door handle cable. (its the piece here with green) Pull out the green piece, then release the cable by rotating it out of the clip (I should have got a picture of that, but I had no free hand)

Attachments

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
Thanks for the writeup. But an FYI, you do not need to remove the window switch panel. I just leave in in place and unplug it from the rear. Saves a step and possible scratches on the panel.

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
Another question, you have a VP which has manual side mirror controls which can been seen, but you also have power controls too? Err, what am I missing here? LOL

·
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Short story: Yes.

Longer story: Yeah it is, the VP came with manual mirrors. Ive got a longer story regarding the mirrors, I had the TSX mirrors on there for a while, was going to trade the car in, and need to put them back in.

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
Short story: Yes.

Longer story: Yeah it is, the VP came with manual mirrors. Ive got a longer story regarding the mirrors, I had the TSX mirrors on there for a while, was going to trade the car in, and need to put them back in.
Gotcha! :thmsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
First off, Thanks for the pics, really awesome! I need to tighten the window and grease the lift mechanism. Your pics show what looks to be a seran wrap film covering all the internals. How do you get past that? Do you cut it out? does it need replaced?

·
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What I have done on other cars is wait for a hot day, our used a hair dryer to heat it arund the seal. On the mazda and chrysler cars, the sealant has been a tar type substance that would restick after work was done. So, just warm it up and peel it back. Be careful not to contaminate it with dirt, and I think it should stick again.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Uh......cut, no, cut or damage it or you will need to replace it. It is the barrier keeping moisture from getting inside the car from the door window, etc.

First off, Thanks for the pics, really awesome! I need to tighten the window and grease the lift mechanism. Your pics show what looks to be a seran wrap film covering all the internals. How do you get past that? Do you cut it out? does it need replaced?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, I will check with autozone to see if they have any extra of the bonding substance or place/whatever it is in case I need it.....Any ideas what its called? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for the walk through. I might use it when it gets warmed to get at these slight vibration buzzes that occur when the bass gets loud.

Too bad the headliner is nowhere near as easy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just a simple question, is there a cover that covers the screw holding the armrest to the door. My car just has the screw exposed on both doors, doesn't seem honda like.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
If you remove that moisture barrier, you can just cover the door in Dynamat

1 - 20 of 55 Posts