Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
great thread. It's spring time and i am looking forward to installing my Focal Access 165 A1 6.5" speakers w/ seperate tweeter.

Do you think there is enough space to mount the crossover switch behind the door panel? or will it have to go somewhere else?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
great thread. It's spring time and i am looking forward to installing my Focal Access 165 A1 6.5" speakers w/ seperate tweeter.

Do you think there is enough space to mount the crossover switch behind the door panel? or will it have to go somewhere else?
You'll have plenty of space behind the door panel as long as you mount it low so the window doesn't touch it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
You'll have plenty of space behind the door panel as long as you mount it low so the window doesn't touch it.
any chance it may be exposed to moisture or get soaked?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
any chance it may be exposed to moisture or get soaked?
I don't think so because the factory crossovers are somewhere in there as well (at least in my car). The doors are designed to channel the water so it doesn't build up in the door. I need to remove my door panels one of these upcoming weekends to change a setting on my crossovers so I'll let you know if they were exposed to any water.

·
Registered
36 Posts
when mounting crossovers in the door, would you recommend putting them inside the door (behind the dynamat), attaching them to the door on top of the dynamat and runnig the wires through it, or attaching them to the actual plastic door trim panel?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
what kind of trim puller is in post #3?
I use this: http://www.amazon.com/AES-Industrie...1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1239271292&sr=1-11

when mounting crossovers in the door, would you recommend putting them inside the door (behind the dynamat), attaching them to the door on top of the dynamat and runnig the wires through it, or attaching them to the actual plastic door trim panel?
Actually I'd recommend not putting them in the door at all since you'll have to remove the whole door panel if you ever want to change something. And if you dynamat over all the holes, you'll have to cut that to get through.

You won't be able to attach them to the plastic door panel because there won't be enough clearance.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
What I have done on other cars is wait for a hot day, our used a hair dryer to heat it arund the seal. On the mazda and chrysler cars, the sealant has been a tar type substance that would restick after work was done.
So...once you get to this point (peeled back the wrap), would changing door handles just require removing a couple of bolts on the handle or is there more to it? I'm wondering how much of a pain it would be to change to painted handles on a VP.

·
<error: divide by zero>
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So...once you get to this point (peeled back the wrap), would changing door handles just require removing a couple of bolts on the handle or is there more to it? I'm wondering how much of a pain it would be to change to painted handles on a VP.
Generally, thats the case. I looked it up in the shop manual at one point, but I dont mind the black handles.

Lots of handles available on the car-part.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
how to check the actuator after removing the panel

i have 04 accord and the driver side door lock wouldnt operate just with the remote control,it works fine with the keys....how do i go about to check whether the actuator is fine or not.....any suggestions...pls

·
Registered
80 Posts
Put in your new speakers, or whatever it is you were going to do.
Did you have a tan ring around yours, and did you buy a speaker adapter to fit the aftermarket speaker in the enclosure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just changed mine today It unlocks now but it will not lock remotely. It did not unlock before and that's the reason for changing it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
finding the factory "crossover" or filter

Thank you so much for the instructions. I would have definitely broken something trying to attempt this by myself. In fact, I did break something.....

My question to you is where did you find the factory crossover or filter so that I can take it out of the circuit? It's definitely not in the door, so I'm thinking it is inside the dash somewhere and possibly underneath the tweeter (7th gen? 2005 Accord LX). How did you get to it when you installed the aftermarket speakers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you have a tan ring around yours, and did you buy a speaker adapter to fit the aftermarket speaker in the enclosure.
I did buy a plastic speaker adapter. I haven't tried the fit yet, but I am also thinking of getting mdf rings cut from a local wood shop. What did you end up doing for your car?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts