Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up brothers !!:thmsup:
first I drive a 2009 accord ex sedan
All I gotta say is ive hooked up my entire audio system upgrade and the annoying rattle from the dome lights was killing me lol so I decided to make a DIY on how I solved mine using a single sided foam tape insulation , sold at most hvac air conditioning and heating stores !

I didnt took pictures on how I took the dash out but there are 4 screws, two of them are on the inside once you open the glass holder and the other 2, you have to pry out those plastic dome light cover and you will see them each on each side , then unplug to small clips which are for the lights and the other for the sunroof if you have one

and you will end up getting this

Now flip it over and you will see that the main rattle occurs at where the lights go , you could test it by shaking it a little

this is the insulation foam tape im holding on my left hand, I put small strips on where the screw goes just in case as well

Now remove the part that holds the lights , this is what causes the rattle , you will have to remove it in order to put some foam tape on where those 4 clips small clips are, you will see them, im pointing at them with my tool

Then place some foam tape on each side AND on the wall sides of the plastic this will hold it tight in place

Then securely nice and tight make sure the clips are in place and put every thing back together , test it , finally no more rattle , go ahead and enjoy your bass brother lol

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Thanks for posting. Rattles are definitely annoying!

Scott C.

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ur welcome brother

·
Registered
232 Posts
Im gonna be doing this because that rattle is so annoying. Especially with Class D amplifiers that kick more than the ABs. Smh

Do you know where I can get some of that stuff online?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did you add any to the piece that holds the mic (black box in the middle)? I did the same thing a few months ago, and something in it is rattling again. lol Well, along with a few other things in the car.

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No i didnt bro

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the guide! I'm sure many appreciate it.

my preferred way, on the other hand, was to add dabs of super glue to the area to make the whole assembly "one piece". It works fantastic.. just apply super glue decure to area if needed to take apart each piece even though if you do it right you will never need too.

PS: i got a 900w RMS alpine amp to a 1000w rms alpine 12" sub in a super bass probox.

besides that, you got any ideas for rear deck rattle? i just got black socks there now...hardly noticable.

thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the guide! I'm sure many appreciate it.

my preferred way, on the other hand, was to add dabs of super glue to the area to make the whole assembly "one piece". It works fantastic.. just apply super glue decure to area if needed to take apart each piece even though if you do it right you will never need too.

PS: i got a 900w RMS alpine amp to a 1000w rms alpine 12" sub in a super bass probox.

besides that, you got any ideas for rear deck rattle? i just got black socks there now...hardly noticable.

thanks!
It's a funny thing with the rear deck. I used to have a 1000 watt class AB amp and that rear deck would rattle nightmares. I switched to a class D amp, and I never hear rattles anymore. Except the front glasses holder compartment.. I ended up just removing the whole panel, I couldn't take it lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's a funny thing with the rear deck. I used to have a 1000 watt class AB amp and that rear deck would rattle nightmares. I switched to a class D amp, and I never hear rattles anymore. Except the front glasses holder compartment.. I ended up just removing the whole panel, I couldn't take it lol
:lmao::lmao: I'm gonna try to bolt down the rear deck and have rubber in between...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts