Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hello Accorders,

I always look at Mercedeses and BMW's LED DRL, and I was always looking for something similar to it on eBay, but I cannot find anything in a good quality, or in a reasonable price!

So I started my own research to make my own foglights with parts that I can find from Chinese sellers on eBay.

First, I bought this foglight (LED strip) from a seller in China for: $13.99

from this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281121851831?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

There are more options in a cheaper price, but I chose this one because this comes with Amber LEDs for turn signal. I was sure that the LEDs will be very bad and will not work as I want.

So I ordered some 5W 3.6V LEDs from China as well, with a good price for about: $0.60 a piece, I bought 10 by mistake, I should buy 20 for both sides :( so I ordered more and they'll take about 10 days to be here, so I need to remove them and start over with 8 LEDs each side.

from this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230969566312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Third, I disassembled the LED strip, got rid of the old ones, and glued 4 new LEDs to each side and powered it directly with 12V from the headlight. (I'll provide you with a picture when I remove them to install the other 4 LED's later in this week, hopefully)

The results! are not really satisfying to me, but they're not bad at all!

In the daytime inside the garage: (I'll take a picture of them in the daytime in the sunlight when I install 8 LEDs each side, however they look good in the sunlight now!)

at nigh time:

From the side:

I'm sorry for any mistakes that I've made in this thread, but this is my first one, I'll try to make better content in the near future :)

Regards,
Mustafa

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
Those looks cheap (well I guess it is), with the plastic hanging off the ends and the 'home depot fluorescent lighting ceiling looking' pattern on the lens, and widely spaced LEDs.

Nice execution though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Those looks cheap (well I guess it is), with the plastic hanging off the ends and the 'home depot fluorescent lighting ceiling looking' pattern on the lens, and widely spaced LEDs.

Nice execution though.
I did state that I ordered the wrong quantity of LEDs and I'll reinstall more LEDs soon, please come back to this post later

Do you have a picture of how you installed it? I'm really curious what it looks like
I'll send them to u in a message as promised

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!
Amazing work!
I am looking to do something similar to mine. 2013 accord lx
can you pls give me some instructions as to how you connected this to the fog lamp place and about the wiring?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts