Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone?! So as many of you may know I painted my interior trim pieces bright red. I did this more than a year ago and it was pretty popular that I got a lot of requests to see how I did it, well that time finally came around and I did a DIY video including all of the products I used.

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Your car looks really great! Going thru your Youtube videos now. Great job and thanks for making them!

Do you have anything on vinyl wrapping door handles?

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Outside handles, preferably with the handles off, if you've done something similar in the past.

·
Registered
455 Posts
might as well make a diy vid for the steering wheel controls :)

·
All my wats
90 Posts
How did you "handle" the excess vinyl on the back of the door handles? I've been wanting to wrap all the bright silver trim in the car, but it's the door handles and pulls that I can't quite figure out how to conceal the wrap so it's both durable and unobtrusive...and can be pulled off again so that eliminates using adhesive of some kind.

And don't you have to polish the door pulls and steering wheel trim pieces to get rid of swirls every so often? Automotive clear coat doesn't like to be touched without lubricant.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally a video on this. Milan if I could hug you I would haha

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
Those looks really well painted. If you do a video on removing the inside door handle, let me know. It looks like it's going to be a pain in the butt to get to. I wish it snapped off like the dash trim.

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Outside handles, preferably with the handles off, if you've done something similar in the past.
I can't say I have but it can't be too hard. Do you want to change the chrome handles to say black or body coloured?

might as well make a diy vid for the steering wheel controls :)
If enough people ask for it and wanna see how its done, i'd be happy to!
As for now, you can see the entire breakdown of how to remove your airbag in the repair manual on Pg. 24-211. Detailed instructions are in there :)

How did you "handle" the excess vinyl on the back of the door handles? I've been wanting to wrap all the bright silver trim in the car, but it's the door handles and pulls that I can't quite figure out how to conceal the wrap so it's both durable and unobtrusive...and can be pulled off again so that eliminates using adhesive of some kind.
I wrapped it around the door handle and then with the little of bit excess sticking around the backside, i dealt with it like this. I peeled back the wrap around the door handle, used a small Olfa Blade to cut the excess where only about 5mm's (at most) would be hooking around to the back for proper adhesion. If you can't get it, take it off and try again with a new piece. You don't need a lot of wrap to get this done.

And don't you have to polish the door pulls and steering wheel trim pieces to get rid of swirls every so often? Automotive clear coat doesn't like to be touched without lubricant.
And yes you need to polish it every now and then but if you seal it and wax it, you shouldn't have to do it for awhile.

THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally a video on this. Milan if I could hug you I would haha
Ahahaha No problem buddy!! :wink

Those looks really well painted. If you do a video on removing the inside door handle, let me know. It looks like it's going to be a pain in the butt to get to. I wish it snapped off like the dash trim.
It's honestly not that difficult to remove. If you want a DIY as to how to remove it, i'd be happy to do one.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
I second the notion of Milan doing a DIY for the door handle lol!

·
Registered
455 Posts
If enough people ask for it and wanna see how its done, i'd be happy to!
As for now, you can see the entire breakdown of how to remove your airbag in the repair manual on Pg. 24-211. Detailed instructions are in there :)
Well I guess i'm first inline!
I have no repair manual :(

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
I went with a dark blue around the speedo, console, and the dash trim.

Took 3 different kinds of spray paint before I found the shade I liked...and this stuff was a nightmare to spray:

Colors - Plutonium Paint

"Submarine"

I've found that the regular Rustoleum primer sticks fine to plastic without requiring sanding.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I'm thinking of hydrodipping with a pattern.... not sure how much I want to do, but I've never liked the silver on the door handles, so those most likely are getting done.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Honestly I wanna see how to remove the door panel so I can get to the ugly wood grain pieces in my car, but I feel that there are just as many people that want to see the door handle get done :cool:

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
The big silver coupe handle... does it just pop out or are there more screws etc. on the other side of the panel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.