Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Really nice videos you're doing there! I really wanna thank you personally because I had to watch a few of your videos during the installation of my SRI and my tranny oil change. It helped me a lot.

I'll watch this one again for sure on next spring when I'll install my J-pipe!

·
Where to start???
341 Posts
LOL Guudentight. Todd you've got some DIY filming skills. Unfortunately I have to wait a bit longer to buy this, but after you drive the car a few more days post up a review of different driving situations. When I get this I'll hvae the same performance mods as you so I'm looking forward to reading what you think. Nice video as always.

PS love the lower grille:thmsup:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Your German is perfect with a slight touch of Bavarian.. :banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
431 Posts
very nice video...im planning on getting one for next summer

·
Hondaracer4vtec
670 Posts
Good job!! great write up.

I did mine but there was no way i was going to be able to show a diy.

Mine was so rusted out it was a shame on how i did it. It took me foreevvver to get out. all of my bolts were rusted. PB blasted it three times, nothing. I had to use 13MM and tap it in with a hammer. then breaker bar it out. I had the studs come out from the Pre cats (headers) with the bolts. wasnt going to rouch those again, so i went to the dealer and got 3 new studs. about 5 bucks each. tightened them back and was good. Install was like 10 minutes.... removal is a PITA!! but well worth it

·
09 EX-L V6 Nav Coupe
266 Posts
Nice vid, but I was surprised you didn't do a before and after of how the car sounded. Is it quite a bit louder now?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice vid, but I was surprised you didn't do a before and after of how the car sounded. Is it quite a bit louder now?
Yeah, I got a few requests on sound before/after. I should note that I don't have a cat-back exhaust, and I don't plan on one in the near future. So, I'm running stock exhaust out the back end. Plus, I'm recording on my digital camera - the mic is pretty low quality.

And honestly, I really didn't notice a real significant difference with the J-Pipe. Granted, I have a SRI so when I get on it a bit I hear that more than anything.

I like the fact that it really didn't change the exhaust sound much (there is a little bit more aggression). There some youtube vids where a guy with a 7th gen did a before/after and a bunch of people commented "I can't tell the difference".

I have a very nice compression mic that I will set up and do a sound byte or two. But don't get your hopes for some drastic change. I know it has only been a day, but I didn't notice anything significant. And I'm kinda happy about that :)

·
Slammed and Simple
705 Posts
great video todd. :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yeah, I got a few requests on sound before/after. I should note that I don't have a cat-back exhaust, and I don't plan on one in the near future. So, I'm running stock exhaust out the back end. Plus, I'm recording on my digital camera - the mic is pretty low quality.

And honestly, I really didn't notice a real significant difference with the J-Pipe. Granted, I have a SRI so when I get on it a bit I hear that more than anything.

I like the fact that it really didn't change the exhaust sound much (there is a little bit more aggression). There some youtube vids where a guy with a 7th gen did a before/after and a bunch of people commented "I can't tell the difference".

I have a very nice compression mic that I will set up and do a sound byte or two. But don't get your hopes for some drastic change. I know it has only been a day, but I didn't notice anything significant. And I'm kinda happy about that :)
Stock exhaust here as well.. P2R TBS and Takeda SRI as well. My commentary (after a week+ of having it on) is exactly the same as Todd's. You'd be hard pressed to notice the difference.

I installed the Takeda and TBS *after* the J-pipe ..so I had a different comparison..from dead stock w/ J-pipe to this setup now.

It just feels like the car can breath & exhale properly... Bring on the PCD's richie! lol

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
todd,

as always nice video man..

You really wouldn't notice much difference in exhaust tone from the oem exhaust, i know for aftermarket exhaust system there is a huge change in exhaust tone, much more aggressive, w/ much less drone. :)
+++1

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Variable Cylinder Mgmt
253 Posts
better use a tissue

Great vids should come in hands!
ummmm...I guess THAT ^ is one way to get excited about Todd's videos :paranoid:
anyway...yes videos are great. keep up the great work Hittman!

·
Registered
183 Posts
The store helps me install this remove my catalytic converter. Is that true?

·
Electro-Motive
462 Posts
The store helps me install this remove my catalytic converter. Is that true?
Installation of the RV6 V3 requires removal of the 3rd catalytic converter (illegal), good luck finding a legit shop who will do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts