Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up brothers !!:thumbsup:
Crazy weather , snow storm here at nyc , so i decided to do this DIY at home hopefully it will help some of you all !!!! so here is what i came up with !!!:thmsup:

Take any 168 or 194 led bulb and take it apart , our main goal is to keep the socket for the trunk light !

Since i got a pair of blue leds laying around (wish it was white)
I will make a custom connection, i wanna use the two little metal strings from the led bulb because they are strong and will hold on place instead of just the led wire by it self , so connect them by soldering and shrink wrappin ;)

And you will end up with this , i had a female and male connector and decided to use it, but you dont have to just solder them directly to the end of the leds

The connect them inside the led socket and bend the two little metal pieces at the end and make them nice and fit with some electric tape and you will have something like this

then solder the leds together to make them one and connect them to the one from the socket, and you will end up like this

now put some 3m double sided tape on the back of each led and you are set bro

now all you have to do is plug it in to your trunk light socket and also place the leds wherever you fill comfortable with

what i wanted to accomplish was just to add plug in play leds using a bulb socket the fits the trunk light for our accords !
Hope this helps ! I will post some night pictures so you could really tell the difference !
Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
When the weather is good you have to post a pic of the finished product. This is actually a great idea. I often want/need more light when I'm looking for something in a sports bag in the trunk. Don't know why I didn't just attempt to add more lighting previously.

:notworthy:notworthy

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bro same here ive been using a flashlight to look around my gym bag in the trunk as well lol

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good pick, i was looking at them as well but wanted to do it right away today ;p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did something like this, but i used 3 LED panels like the one below..

I wired them together and plugged them in to the stock housing.

I love how bright the trunk is now, especially at night!!

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice really good bro here are my night pictures
stock led

New leds

Hopefully it becomes a sticky ;)

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks bro

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you want output there are better options minimally more expensive. The new COB or XB LED options will place a small sun in your trunk for about $25.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
If you want output there are better options minimally more expensive. The new COB or XB LED options will place a small sun in your trunk for about $25.
Thanks to this thread I now have three options to get more light in my trunk. Thanks, guys. Doom, have any links by chance to ensure we get the correct LEDs you mentioned?

BTW, Doom I really didn't think too much about changing out my wheels, but now that I have seen yours it really has me thinking. Thanks!!! I'm already broke and now this is one more thing I want for my car! :)

Scott C.

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you brothers, hope it helps ! And yeah doom plz share a link

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

·
692 Posts