Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this together while I was completing my TSX Mirror mod on my car. It would apply, as far as I know, to the 06-07 Hybrid mirrors as well, as they're pretty much the same mirror. There's a couple of others for this floating around, but lots of dead pictures, so I made my own. I'm Thinking they'll live longer in PDF.

Attachments

·
HondaNdaHood
8 Posts
That was cool, but I have a question will the turn signal work in like lx sedans too, and how will they work??

Sorry I'm new if this is already an existing question

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sedans, in general, have a lot more options that the coupes have.

Yes, you CAN utilize TSX mirrors on the sedan, but you'll have to make new holes for the bolts to thread through, and you'll have to shave a little off the base (inside) to make it fit flush, but you'll have to modify the wiring to connect to the Accord -- in general cut off the TSX connector and use some wire taps will do the job there. Then you just have to run the wire to the turn indicators. You can get a pair of TSX mirrors for about $200-300.

Then you have a bolt-on option -- the 06-07 Accord Hybrid mirrors. For those you can just bolt them on and connect the existing harness, the only mod needed there is that you'll have to run wire to the turn signals, because the OEM harness doesn't have any turn lights there. Those I want to say are about $400-500/pr.

A Third option is to use the UC1/Inspire mirrors from Japan, which are almost identical to the hybrid (as far as I know), but I believe also include a power-fold function. you have to import those for around $700/pair last I heard. I don't know what all you'd have to do to wire those.

Coupes, on the other hand, don't have any of these options since o other market has the 2 door option, which has a different angle at the point where the mirror mounts, so no other bases fit properly here. We're left to have to kludge together the TSX mirrors to achieve a similar look.

This DIY doesn't really apply to a sedan except maybe in the way of how to wire the turn indicators.

·
HondaNdaHood
8 Posts
thanks good info :thmsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts