Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all notice and dread, our plastic headlight lenses fade, yellow and cloud from sun and air pollution damage over time. Here is a polishing routine that I do as needed that always brings back a fresh look to the front of my now 14-year-old Audi A8L (2006). I do the same for the family’s stable of Accords. With a few tools and polishes, you can bring a lot of life back to the front face of your car.

Honda OEM replacement headlight housings are too expensive for our aging 7th generation Accords. So the longer-term solutions include: polish, replace the headlight housing with inexpensive aftermarkets (which I have done and the clear coat began to fail after 2 years) or respray. Respraying, when done properly, requires bumper cover and headlight fixture removal. As well as a 2-part clear coat paint available in a rattle can.

But for now, these results are pretty darn good. See for yourself.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Galco

·
2007 Accord EX-L 4D 5MT
188 Posts
Finally did mine over the past two days. I think this topic has been well covered by hundreds of youtubers already, there really isn't any excuse to have cloudy headlights on any car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts