Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

First Great thanks to MARK at Throwdownperformance...

So here is my DIY on how to install WeatherTech Visor for 2008 + Honda Accord Coupe

First:

Lower the window to this position

Second:

Position the Visor on the front portion of the window first, Make sure that the Edge of the Visor rests on top of the Outer window sill: Like this

And then gentility push it into the the window track space: Like this

Third:

Flex the Visor Outward to make it fit into the Rear top portion of the window: Like This

Flexing it outward

Then carefully place on the window track space: Like this

Forth:

Start pull down and tucking in the visor from the front of the window to the back: Like this..

Front:

See how the Mid and Back of the visor is still out:

Carefully start tucking in the rest: Like This

Final Step:

CAREFULLY PULL THE VISOR OUTWARD TO SEAT IT INTO PLACE ON THE WINDOW TRACK. YOUR DONE INSTALLING.

NOW TO ADJUST IT..

Get inside the car and slow and carefully rise and lower the window about 5 times. manually, then it the window automatically go up and down by itself, the window my go back down on it's own the first time you automatically let it.. do it again and it will adjust..

CONGRATS your done!!

·
JaGeR BOMB!
414 Posts
GREAT DIY!! just for this DIY ima buy some window visors. thx for the help and it looks great on your car man:thmsup:

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GREAT DIY!! just for this DIY ima buy some window visors. thx for the help and it looks great on your car man:thmsup:
Welcome.. Yeah bro you should get them.. Check out more picture on my build thread..

Mark @ throwdownPerformance Our forums sponsor was great:thmsup::thmsup:

·
Vtec Pwr
513 Posts
awesome DIY.... Ill be getting mine soon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Might be a dumb question, but are the visors suppose to be hella loose when the windows are down? My friend has it on his 8th gen civic and its very loose. I haven't installed mine yet so not quite sure if its different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nevermind just installed it today and its pretty tight. I just don't like how it looks a little brown in the sun.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I never got the purpose for these. Is it so that you can have em down when it's raining or so the wind doesn't smack you right in the face?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also got the dark tint one. Well it's only brown from up close or maybe I'm just trippin haha. I think the purpose is to roll it down enough to let some air in but not the rain.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Window visors allow plenty of fresh air to circulate in your vehicle, while protecting your interior from rain and snow.

Allows you to crack your window to vent moisture, smoke and heat out of your vehicle while still preventing rain and wind from getting in.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
has anyone had any issues with these visors like them coming out of the track?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
hmmm i'm really on the fence with these visors. i feel like tilting my sunroof will do the same functions as the visors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
just installed mine right now, its a really tight fit.. i hear the window sliding across the visor thing when its about to close all the way

1 - 20 of 55 Posts