Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
In The Game
1,616 Posts
I know some people who have taken them off (Kaitlina) because of some problems with the visors. You'd have to ask them personally about what the problems were. I just knew that she and others did have problems.
But other than that, if you install correctly, it should be fine! I'm getting my pair soon.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I have used weathertech on two civics a PT Cruiser and three Accors with no problems at all.... I loke how they fit in the window channell and not that tacky stick on look. I have seen an Accord with the stick on type and they look bad....It really looks like a cheap add on.....

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
hmmm i'm really on the fence with these visors. i feel like tilting my sunroof will do the same functions as the visors.
Yeah but the visor also add style to the car.. and it's a nice cheap mod.

just installed mine right now, its a really tight fit.. i hear the window sliding across the visor thing when its about to close all the way
Yeah it meant to be a tight fit so that they don't fall off.. If you feel the window is making a cracking noise when you close it, bring the window back down and Do the last step in my DIY careful pull the Visor towards you to set them in place.. and then Leave the window closed for 12 hours and it will go away..

yeah i have them on my 6th gen and really hate it. my tints are peeling because of it :thumbsdow.
I don't know how since the Visors are on the outside and not in contact with the TINT

I know some people who have taken them off (Kaitlina) because of some problems with the visors. You'd have to ask them personally about what the problems were. I just knew that she and others did have problems.
But other than that, if you install correctly, it should be fine! I'm getting my pair soon.
I don't understand how there are any problem with them, just have to make sure you install them correctly and FELLOW what i put.. and your Set

I have used weathertech on two civics a PT Cruiser and three Accors with no problems at all.... I loke how they fit in the window channell and not that tacky stick on look. I have seen an Accord with the stick on type and they look bad....It really looks like a cheap add on.....
:thmsup: Same here i love the way they look.. i hate 3m Tape ones.

·
Banned
212 Posts
just installed mine last night, they made that sound when the window slides accross the visor. hopefully it goes away today

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
just installed mine last night, they made that sound when the window slides accross the visor. hopefully it goes away today
it goes way.. Just keep in mind that it's not going to close like OEM quite but you will hear it a small bit when you close it..

Did you pull the Visor away from the car to sit it in place?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
and after installing them close your windoes and keep them closed for at least 12 hours......they will seat in better....

·
Banned
212 Posts
it goes way.. Just keep in mind that it's not going to close like OEM quite but you will hear it a small bit when you close it..

Did you pull the Visor away from the car to sit it in place?
yea, your right, the sound went away for the most part...

and after installing them close your windoes and keep them closed for at least 12 hours......they will seat in better....
yea, almost had them colsed for a full 24hrs lol.

... now it gives a little sound like rocks scraping, just slighty, but enough for me to ask

·
Banned
212 Posts
sounds normal now lol... like it was always like it

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
so everyone's happy wth this? i'm going to buy this from Mark at throwdown...he's always given me phenomenal service

·
Registered
101 Posts
these look so much nicer than the tape on kind I had on my tacoma 10yrs ago and I totally could use these to keep the cars cool with the windows cracked in florida since it rains for 5mins every day in the spring and summer. :)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

The little white letters on the visor, is that a sticker, or actually inked on?

·
Registered
110 Posts
correct.. it is a sticker.. i tried to remove mine and it was a pain, so i just gave up 1/4 of the way through it haha
Thanks for doing this DIY. I think this will be my first mod for my tw.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts