Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably one of the easiest maintenance items that you can do. Out of curiosity, I called the local dealer to ask how much they charge for windshield wiper insert replacement....$35!

Check out my latest video which shows you how to do this extremely simple swap for under $8 (plus shipping). I agree with what many others have said on ucsdlcfu's wiper thread: OEM wiper blades are really good in quality. :thmsup:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Beats replacing the whole thing. Better for the wallet and less waste.

·
Registered
708 Posts
just replaced the ones on the Highlander tonight with RAIN-X ones, appear to work fine..

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sweet shirt. lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
WOW. My local dealer charges about $12 for the inserts and will even install for free. I swap mine out every 6 months and have never had a visibility issue. Probably my one complaint, they don't take winter very well, a few months of freezing to the windshield really wrecks em, by the tail end of winter they are in rough shape. But for $12......

In the past with older Honda's, its seemed like as soon as you remove the factory wipers you start getting streaking, missed spots on the windshield etc. At least I always seemed to that is.

·
Reverse
247 Posts
I like your flag ;)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like your flag ;)
You give us a cannon, then you want to take it back? We say, "Come And Get It"!!!

The Battle Of Gonzales was one of the stepping stones towards the Independence of the Republic of Texas. The fight for independence was fueled by the spirit expressed in the flag:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The fight for independence was fueled by the spirit expressed in the flag. Dam did u coem up with this? or u took it elsewhere

1 - 9 of 9 Posts