Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
In the US and Canada at least, they fold but are manual only. I don't expect to see power folding side mirrors on any Honda in the near future.

·
HK Moderator
14,048 Posts
Gents I am no hot modder, but I know some guys on the 7th Gen have had success with using Acura motors and such to make our Accord mirrors fold....

Give it a shot. Seize the day and what not.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Gents I am no hot modder, but I know some guys on the 7th Gen have had success with using Acura motors and such to make our Accord mirrors fold....

Give it a shot. Seize the day and what not.
is there a link to the 7th Gen mirror mod?

I know in the mid 90s the JDM "Honda" Legends had folding mirrors!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Power folding mirrors is one feature that I wish Honda would include on their cars. There's absolutely no reason to have the mirrors sticking out when the car is parked and unoccupied, especially in garages. Not only do you gain extra clearance between cars and walls, but also less chance of them being broken.

Since Honda has already provided manual folding mirrors, it seems such an easy step for them to make the mirrors power folding. JMHO.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I actually have the complete set up to integrate the JDM folding mirrors on my Acura Legend.

I needed to remove the mirrors and make a small cut in the metal mirror frame so I could run the wires through it.

I don't have them installed yet, but looking over at fleaBay there are plenty of power folding mirrors up for grabs. Someone with a '13 or newer would need to take of the mirror and find out if the guts of the folding would fit inside.

Then you would need the wiring and most important the switch.

·
4th Gear
102 Posts
Power folding mirrors is one feature that I wish Honda would include on their cars. There's absolutely no reason to have the mirrors sticking out when the car is parked and unoccupied, especially in garages. Not only do you gain extra clearance between cars and walls, but also less chance of them being broken.

Since Honda has already provided manual folding mirrors, it seems such an easy step for them to make the mirrors power folding. JMHO.
The only reason Honda does not offer this feature is because it's a feature usually found only in luxury cars.

·
HK Moderator
14,048 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
The only reason Honda does not offer this feature is because it's a feature usually found only in luxury cars.
That sounds reasonable except at one time so were power windows, locks, seats, steering, brakes, etc. only found on luxury cars. Now, however, most of these features are standard on basic cars.

In any event, I'd be interested in how someone handles the Lane Watch mirror when converting to power folding.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Every car manufacturer has to decide what features they want to install to stay competitive and still keep the price reasonable. The Honda Crosstour, which is being discontinued, has motorized folding mirrors. The Honda body shop has loaned me an Acura RDX to drive while they repair my car again and it doesn't have power folding mirrors.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The way everyone in NYC double parks, and the tight squeeze it usually is, I am constantly pulling the mirror in. It would be great to have the ability to retract the mirror on the passenger side too... IMO, This feature is way above what Honda would do for the Accord.

·
HK Moderator
14,048 Posts
The way everyone in NYC double parks, and the tight squeeze it usually is, I am constantly pulling the mirror in. It would be great to have the ability to retract the mirror on the passenger side too... IMO, This feature is way above what Honda would do for the Accord.

Not so fast, Lee Harvey....

Many Asian cities have tight parking. I've seen plenty of Hondas with power folding mirrors there.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Every car manufacturer has to decide what features they want to install to stay competitive and still keep the price reasonable. The Honda Crosstour, which is being discontinued, has motorized folding mirrors. The Honda body shop has loaned me an Acura RDX to drive while they repair my car again and it doesn't have power folding mirrors.
You need to think bigger - the RLX has them. I think the Canadian TLX may have them as an option as well.

Honda may very well be forced to add them to lower trims after Kia and Hyundia start to include them as standard features on base models. That's the way things trickle down these days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts