Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a Python 4203 and was wanting to know if i need a bypass module. How hard are the remote starts to install, i seen one on you tube and they were using a blade module to program the alarm system. wiring is not that big of a deal as long as nothing needs progammed

·
Bruce Wayne
75 Posts
i got a 2006 honda accord coupe i just got a viper 5902 car alarm and starter install was not hard and we did use the blade module to program the alarm and it works great

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got a 2006 honda accord coupe i just got a viper 5902 car alarm and starter install was not hard and we did use the blade module to program the alarm and it works great
what is the blade module used for, i wont be installing an alarm so do i even need to worry about programming anything.

·
Zzzz
327 Posts
you could go to idatalink and enter in your information to get the list of module. they might be the same thing but most people prefer idatalink. they are not as problematic as the module made by bypasskit. but you could try it if you want, i have no prior experience with them so i can't comment on its reliability

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one more stupid question for now!! Can someone explain to me what the the modules are acually doing. I'll go with the idatalink but how do i know if the remote start takes a blade or do i just need the solo

1. What does the transponder bypass do?
2. what doese the doorlock interface do?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did some research and answered a few my questions, I understand how the transponder bypass works and i just need the solo module, since it looks like compustar is the only one that uses blades. so now only one question what is the doorlock interface for and do i need it if im only installing a remote start without door locks.

I feel like a retard trying to figure this out, but the documentation is piss poor. I program PLC's and integrate and install robots for a living so electronics is not an issue i just need to understand what these modules are doing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts