Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed uneven tire wear so I got an alignment check. Measurements below are consistent with what I see on the tires. Should I just go ahead and order a rear camber kit now?

About to order spc 67545, any opinions on it, feedback on compatibility? Any difference coupe vs. sedan?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't think it's far enough out of the range to really matter. I bet your tire wear was from the TOE being out. Toe issues will chew tires far more quickly than camber...

Swap the tires on the rims. So, left front tire goes to right front rim and vice versa. Same in the rear, if you had the issue there, too. That will put the wear in a different spot and should then start to even out. Or, if it's another issue, it will repeat itself. HAHA. Hopefully not...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, getting the toe back in spec is priority no doubt. Interesting thing, I've seen alignment sheets like this show the rear camber tolerance from -0.8 to -1.8 degrees. The average of these numbers is -1.3 degrees. However on the maintenance manual, rear camber is specified as -1 degress, with a tolerance of plus 30 minutes and minus 45 minutes. I believe that corresponds to -0.5 to -1.75 degrees.

Another difference is rear toe is specified on the manual as 2mm plus/minus 2mm = 0mm to 0.16mm. However, the alignment sheet shows this as 0 degrees to 0.16 degrees. There is a disconnect somewhere.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I see what you mean. I have seen variability from machine to machine/ shop to shop, too. See where your mind is; though, the variance is just not enough to worry that much about. My opinion, I appreciate; though, I am very versed in this area. Haha. Try another shop and see the variance. Get the toe set, swap the tires as I mentioned, and see what happens in 5k. Bet you are fine, my man!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see what you mean. I have seen variability from machine to machine/ shop to shop, too. See where your mind is; though, the variance is just not enough to worry that much about. My opinion, I appreciate; though, I am very versed in this area. Haha. Try another shop and see the variance. Get the toe set, swap the tires as I mentioned, and see what happens in 5k. Bet you are fine, my man!
Hey thanks for reading and responding. I took the winter wheels off, I now have the summer set on the car. The summer tires are new, I want them to wear out evenly so I want to have the suspension setup as precisely as possible asap. I have until November to figure out the winter tires. I put enough miles on the winter set anyway, I can replace the worst 2 of the winter tires no problem.

I want to have the rear camber at -1 degree (fix toe first ofc), to get it from -1.8 to -1 it looks like I'm going to need adjustable camber arms. I ordered a pair of SPC 67545

Also ordered a set of godspeed ak-139-a

I'm gonna check and decide which one to use. The godspeed ak has a solid hinge rather than the compliant bushings on the stock arm and those on the SPCs. That seems to be one significant difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts