Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 Accord (4 cylinder) has hit 105,000 miles. The maintenance indicator is on and the manual says 'replace the timing belt', but I know 07 accord is equipped with a timing chain that isn't required a service for the life time.

I just wanted to know if I will need to replace the water pump this time?

·
Registered
287 Posts
No that is something you don't replace until you have to, probably at about 200,000 miles. It should start weeping out of a hole when it goes bad.

·
2006 I4 MT
1,688 Posts

Part number 19200-RAA-A01 $104 item

I'd probably wait as well and do it during the 2nd coolant change. You could also take care of the termostat 19301-RAA-A02 $41 when its time for the 2nd coolant change.

·
Doing trumps "I've read".
110 Posts
I agree.....

I didn't do mine until 200+ on both my Hondas. Water pumps still showed no sign of failing.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My 07 Accord (4 cylinder) has hit 105,000 miles. The maintenance indicator is on and the manual says 'replace the timing belt', but I know 07 accord is equipped with a timing chain that isn't required a service for the life time.

I just wanted to know if I will need to replace the water pump this time?
I have 225K and still have the original. Your choice.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,677 Posts
The section of the manual you are reading is on the V6 engine. There are separate sections for the 4 cylinder and V6 engines. I'm sure the 4 cylinder section says nothing about changing the water pump as regular maintenance.

The reason why the V6 section suggests to change the water pump, when the timing belt is done, is because it's a lot of work to get to the pump. Since the water pump, on the V6 is driven by the timing belt, they suggest changing them at the same time. The water pump, on the 4 cylinder is on the outside of the engine, driven by the serpentine belt, and is easy to change relative to the V6. In short, change the water pump, on 4 cylinder models, when it goes bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts