Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on my wifes car. Do the window switches suposed to light up? The drivers switch that suys auto lights up but the other 3 (4 door model) do not, nor does the passenger side one. Along the same note does the window lockout button supposed to light up?

ETA: well i just figured out that she had the windows locked out due to fresh tint. so they did light up when i unlocked teh windows. so does teh window lock button suposed to light up still?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My window lock button doesn't light up, never has. But you're right about the other three, when they're locked they don't light up, unlocked they're lighted. Kinda cool, IMO.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
My window lock button doesn't light up, never has. But you're right about the other three, when they're locked they don't light up, unlocked they're lighted. Kinda cool, IMO.
The window lock switch kills the power to the window switches. That is how the windows lock and that is why they no longer light up with the lock switch enabled.

·
13 ex coupe
53 Posts
only ex model has all the light on switch. i have lx .they light up only driver control.you can get ex switch from ebay for aroud $20. but do not get passager side.they only works light and up and down it self. can not link with driver side master switch,.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
mines are actually glow in the dark. i found out one night when i was waiting for my friend :banana: well i only know the drivers side is lighted not sure about the passenger. the rears are just a black button so theres no light at all.

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
The grammar police would have a field day with almost every post above....

In any case, for the DX and LX, only the driver's side window switches are illuminated. For the EX, all the switches are illuminated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry for digging up and old thread here. I think someone tried to answer my question, not sure :) The LX/DX passenger front and rear door window switches - can they be swapped with the illuminated ones and work with no other changes?

My car is an '07 LX-SE 5spd by the way.

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
Sorry for digging up and old thread here. I think someone tried to answer my question, not sure :) The LX/DX passenger front and rear door window switches - can they be swapped with the illuminated ones and work with no other changes?

My car is an '07 LX-SE 5spd by the way.
Yes. I did it for the pass front side. Direct swap and it lit right up. I'm not certain on the rears though. Be careful if you get one from eBay as the coupe/sedan has different lighting colors. Coupe is red whereas the sedan is green. I put a coupe one in, but you could barely tell as the light is pretty dim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts