Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a higher end set of rear brake pads for my 2007 EXL V6. The site and amazon tool say they fit, but I've read countless reviews saying those tools can be wrong. Any input or product recommendations would be appreciated!

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,724 Posts
I think those are pretty much the same as OEM pads. If the shipping cost is high, you might be able to get the same pads cheaper locally. To make sure you have the right part number, check other online sites like Advance etc. to see if the same part number comes up for your car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, found some reviews claiming that the ACT537 were a match on my model. Any recommendations on some rotors to pair them with? Mine are warped to hell.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,724 Posts
I replaced the rear rotors with the NAPA ultra premium rotors, with painted hat and vanes. They were about $50 each. Got rid of the pulsing I would experience at high speeds sometimes. I've found the rear brakes on this car get a little overworked for their size. My original rotors, on the front, are still going at 109k.

·
Super Moderator
6,998 Posts
Or you can get Centric rotors, which are almost identical as Napa premium with polymer coated veins and hat for rust prevention. I recently replaced my OE fronts which ran for 155k miles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if you want "higher-end" then you can do a lot better than akebono. i know quite a few people on here like them, but they are OEM on GM, ford, and nissan. that doesn't sound like what you are looking for.

if you truly want "higher-end" brakes, try looking at hawk or EBC. just keep in mind, high-end brakes are more likely to make noise and produce dust.

if you want a balance, then listen to this guy and match them with a hawk pad, like the HPS:

Or you can get Centric rotors, which are almost identical as Napa premium with polymer coated veins and hat for rust prevention.

·
Super Moderator
6,998 Posts
Yep, I have centric with Hawk HPS pads, it works GREAT. But it does dust quite a bit. If dusting and quietness is your concern, then get the Akebono which has less bite, especially after the pads and the rotors heat up. The Hawk pads on my car really doesn't make any noise either. I personally think brakes are going to dust, it's just that, you are wearing off metal material on metal. I'll just wash them off when I can, the bite of the pads is more important to me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the input, found some reviews claiming that the ACT537 were a match on my model. Any recommendations on some rotors to pair them with? Mine are warped to hell.
Yes, the Akebono ACT537 fits on my 03 Accord V6 w/ 15" caliper. I heard the Akebono is the OEM for Honda but not sure if the after market pads are better or the same quality. I heard good thing about the Centric 120.40055 rotor because of the rust proof coating and good rotor performance. I'd try the Brembo 25829 for about the same price but make sure it's Italian made. I don't need to replace mine yet, and they had been turned only once but worn out two sets of OEM pads. I did replaced my front rotors though because of warping issue at 40K and heavy rusts at the edges and inside the vanes. I replaced them with the Wagner rotors and the Wagner Thermoquiet pads and they work great for me. The Wagner rotors cost the same as one OEM rotor and I think the front OEM rotors are really junk. The OEM pads did not squeal and neither do the Thermoquiet but the Wagner seems to be less dusty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.