Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new fog bulbs but don't have a jack (outside of the scissor jack the car brings) do you absolutely need to lift to change out the bulbs? Otherwise I found a shop will do it for $35.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Iv never done it cause i use a lift everyday, but if you can i bet its a pain in the ass. those splash shield clips tend to be bitch if they arent new. If your gonna try it remember to cut the wheel to use space to your favor. Perhaps im lazy, but i would happily pay the $35 before i got down on the ground to work on a car. im spoiled with a lift tho.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
I got my new fog bulbs but don't have a jack (outside of the scissor jack the car brings) do you absolutely need to lift to change out the bulbs? Otherwise I found a shop will do it for $35.
You don't need a jack. Just rip off the bumper and get in 'ere!

·
Registered
941 Posts
You don't need to lift the car. You only need to loosen one screw, and it's right underneath the bumper. It's not comfortable, but if your head fits under the bumper you're good.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
Iv never done it cause i use a lift everyday, but if you can i bet its a pain in the ass. those splash shield clips tend to be bitch if they arent new. If your gonna try it remember to cut the wheel to use space to your favor. Perhaps im lazy, but i would happily pay the $35 before i got down on the ground to work on a car. im spoiled with a lift tho.
I would gladly accept $35 to do something that takes no longer than 15-30 minutes to do. Should've been a mechanic.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I didn't need a jack to remove the bumper and install the foglights, but I needed the jack to put all the clips and the bolts back in on the underside of the bumper.

A lot of the clips were destroyed bc this was the second set of fogs I installed so I had to use zip ties instead of the clips to secure the splash guard to the bumper.

You can just lift one side to make it easier to put the bolts, clips and zip ties if you need to.

Here's how mine turned out. I had a busted fog light so i bought a new set and put them in.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
I was able to remove my bumper (8G) without having to jack up the front of the car. Suggest laying down a moving blanket under the car to make it a) more comfortable and b) less likely to scratch the bumper up on the ground.

Here's instructions for changing the bulbs:

https://0c281756c12507415a306e87917.../0B3o2QOGLoJsfSGc4cE1EMmlkemM/2014_index.html

"Front Bumper Fog Light Cover Removal and Installation"

and

"Fog Light Bulb Removal and Installation (4-door)" (step 1 from this link will basically tell you to do ^^ first)

Looks like bumper removal not required.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
870 Posts
You don't need to lift the car. You only need to loosen one screw, and it's right underneath the bumper. It's not comfortable, but if your head fits under the bumper you're good.
Maybe he got a big head. Lol. Sorry OP.

·
Registered
941 Posts
OP: are you just installing NEW BULBS, or are you installing fog lights in entirety?

If you're just swapping out bulbs, you will not need to remove the bumper or lift the car. I repeat, replacing bulbs is a simple single screw per side loosening. If your head fits under the car, you can reach it. You will need light, though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP: are you just installing NEW BULBS, or are you installing fog lights in entirety?

If you're just swapping out bulbs, you will not need to remove the bumper or lift the car. I repeat, replacing bulbs is a simple single screw per side loosening. If your head fits under the car, you can reach it. You will need light, though.
changing out the bulbs, as I have a touring. Any idea how long a screwdriver I will need to get into the hole to turn the screw on the drivers side?

·
2015 EX-L, V6/Navi CBP
140 Posts
changing out the bulbs, as I have a touring. Any idea how long a screwdriver I will need to get into the hole to turn the screw on the drivers side?
Good question! I used Philips 8" long shaft without having to lift the car. I believed 6" shaft should work as well but I have not tried, though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the passenger side changed but drivers side my screwdrivers aren't long enough! Going to auto parts to pick up a new Philips

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fog lights are changed! Not sure if I can upload through my phone but here goes!

Hardest part is getting that stupid plastic trim off. I didn't rescrew the holder bolt because if I ever have to change again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fog lights are changed! Not sure if I can upload through my phone but here goes!

Hardest part is getting that stupid plastic trim off. I didn't rescrew the holder bolt because if I ever have to change again.
Hey, how did this work out for you? I want to do the same thing. It is so ridiculous that we have to get under the car to do this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You don't need to lift the entire car. I drove mine up a ramp and undone the two screws and had access to my fogs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts