Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have this set and have any problems at all please post here. Need to see how many people have problems with this set.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I still start.
55w 6000 Digital set

only my right light will come right now. had set only for 6 months

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a relay harness and a time delay. I think the 55w are just bad from them.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
I've been running 55w retro solutions HID kit for my low beam for about a year and have not had any issues.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,598 Posts
Do you have a relay harness...could that be the problem?
Doubtful. It worked fine for 6 months. If a lack of harness was the problem it wouldn't have worked fine for this amount of time.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Well I still start.
55w 6000 Digital set

only my right light will come right now. had set only for 6 months
Have you tried taking your driver side hid bulb and putting it into passenger side and seeing if it works. If it doesn't you likely need a new bulb. Then I would try taking the bulb from the side that does work and move to the side that doesn't, if the bulb won't fire up, you need a new ballast. Either one I believe is covered under warranty, have you contacted retrosolutions directly?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
i had the same issue. you have to check the ground and make sure its getting good contact.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did contact them but when I hear alot of other people are having the same problem I want to get more info. I should not have problems after only 6 months. If it was after a year or 2 then I would be fine with checking everything out but not 6 months. Im not trying to bash them. I like retro and they were a great help when I first needed hids.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Have you tried taking your driver side hid bulb and putting it into passenger side and seeing if it works. If it doesn't you likely need a new bulb. Then I would try taking the bulb from the side that does work and move to the side that doesn't, if the bulb won't fire up, you need a new ballast. Either one I believe is covered under warranty, have you contacted retrosolutions directly?
I had called them and even got the RMA but I tried the above and it worked.
Since then, I added relay harness. Before turning them ON, I would rev to 2500 RPM, and both bulbs would light up fine.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have both the variable 35/55 watt kit (installed in two diff cars) and 55 watt kit from them. They both ****s. Work fine for an avg of about 6 months then it all goes down hill from there. No problem with my xenon depot kit.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have the 55watt in my low beams from retro.
Only had my passenger side turn off one time while I was driving.
Turned the lights off and on again and it fired up.

·
┐(´ー` )┌
441 Posts
I've had my kit for about a year and i just noticed that one bulb looks like a 4k bulb while my other one is fine its 6k. I already contacted retro and i gotta go try some different things to fix it. I realllly didn't want to have to take of my front bumper ever. Thats why i got my HID professionally installed for me...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a relay harness and a time delay. I think the 55w are just bad from them.
I've had over a dozen 55w DIGITAL kits from Todd, never had any serious issues. Have you talked to Todd? Hes extremely helpful and the kits are lifetime warrantied...

I have both the variable 35/55 watt kit (installed in two diff cars) and 55 watt kit from them. They both ****s. Work fine for an avg of about 6 months then it all goes down hill from there. No problem with my xenon depot kit.
Must have been a user error? Between me and my friends I've gotten probably 13-15 kits from Todd. I've had I think 2 bulb failures and both kits were over a year old. Bulbs were replaced and everyone was happy.

I've had my kit for about a year and i just noticed that one bulb looks like a 4k bulb while my other one is fine its 6k. I already contacted retro and i gotta go try some different things to fix it. I realllly didn't want to have to take of my front bumper ever. Thats why i got my HID professionally installed for me...
You can't access the HID's through behind the fender liner?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had the 55W 5000k kit for over a year with no problems. I did not install the relay harness. Pain in the ass to install but well worth the money.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I saw some retrofit bulbs for sale but is there a guide for 8th gen to install them in original headlight housing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts