Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gap starts a few inches from driver's side windshield (on the bottom, just around wiper arm) all the way to a little bit over mid point. Not too much on passenger side.

It collects all kind of crap and is hard to remove.

Also, is there a way to fix it? Warranty is gone already. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not here, looks like the plastic is warping

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I would see if the dealer would fix if it still is under warrenty.

If not you can get a new replacement cover and install it.

Since it is not an item that needs serviced I would install the new one with clear silicone adhesive under the lip where it meets the windshield.

Don't worry about being messy... you can peal away residue before it dries.

Once it has cured for a day, the plastic should never warp away like that, as the adhesive will hold very strong.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I don't believe so. I'll have to check, however, I think I would have noticed it if I had it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No its not normal .... I'm a tech let me ask you this have you had work done anything with your wiper blades or wiper motor. Cause looked like someone was touching the panel but don't worry easy fix and I believe under warranty ... that trim is hold by clips looks like one of the clips is damage and not holding the cover properly easy fix wouldn't worry so much

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Hondatech7,
Yes, I had water leak around pedal area last year, it took dealer three different time to find the issue, it turned out the A/C drain was all clogged up. (Since I don't have a garage and stuff accumulate around the area under the wiper arms.)
I don't know what they did to unclog it, may be they moved that piece and didn't put it back properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
you/ or your family member is reckless when it comes to taking off the snow on your windshield. thats what it is, you scraped it towards the rubber strip and then into it recklessly without knowing it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you/ or your family member is reckless when it comes to taking off the snow on your windshield. thats what it is, you scraped it towards the rubber strip and then into it recklessly without knowing it.
It doesn't snow where I live.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Thanks, Hondatech7,
Yes, I had water leak around pedal area last year, it took dealer three different time to find the issue, it turned out the A/C drain was all clogged up. (Since I don't have a garage and stuff accumulate around the area under the wiper arms.)
I don't know what they did to unclog it, may be they moved that piece and didn't put it back properly.
That was probably it!

It doesn't snow where I live.
:banana:

·
09ACCORDCOUPE
599 Posts
Not normal. I saw this once on my TL after I had the windshield replaced, but it settled after a few hot days. I'm guessing in my case the windshield tech just didn't secure it properly or bent it during the re-install.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
That piece is easily removed. I took it off my car once, can't remember why but I know it is held on by little plastic clip things. Try taking it off and cleaning everything around it and putting it back on. Maybe debris is preventing it from getting flush with the windshield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts