Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, recently got a Honda Accord 2011 and was wondering if it comes with a sport mode cause I can't seem to find it?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you have the EX-L V6 5AT coupe, you have a “sport” setting for the transmission that allows for a more aggressive shift profile, but in terms of engine power, then no.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You'll get a 'sport' mode if you put in a VCM device to defeat the ECO mode.
I highly recommend doing so.
Thats not going to change the performance of the engine. He's already engaging all 6 cylinders if he is ""trying to find sport mode""....those devices do not add any HP, torque or any sort of tune to your engine. It engages all 6 cylinders all the time, which is what happens all the time when you're pressing on the pedal and accelerating, trying to find sport mode.

Newer model Honda Accords have sport mode, and it actually changes the ride/steering and the transmission shifts and changes the entire driving experience. I believe that is closer to what he's asking for.

"In Sport mode, the dampers become firmer for flat cornering; the Electric Power Steering (EPS) provides a direct, linear feel; Agile Handling Assist becomes more aggressive in the corners; drive-by-wire throttle response is powerful and direct; the transmissions's shifting is quicker, and Active Sound Control gives the Accord a sportier exhaust note. "

1 - 5 of 5 Posts