Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't tel by some videos and pics I've seen
Who has one and can let me know
Planning on picking up a MSM or white V6 coupe this spring.
Going back to my roots I had a 1994 Probe GT with V6 for 10 years before my 2007 Accord
V6 coupe Honda is just a natural progression now that I am older and wiser but still love my speed.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
No.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Only EX-L and Touring sedans have LED tail lamps.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Neither of the 13/14 Accord coupes have LED taillights.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Neither of the 13/14 Accord coupes have LED taillights.
That's too bad. I think the LED tails on my V6 sedan look sweeeeeet. Combined with the LED license plate bulbs I added and the HID Xenons on the headlights, I am driving a BMW or Lexus at Honda prices.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Yea those led brakelights look very nice.
That is one of the reason i went with the sedan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
They do! I let my friend drive the car for the first time the other night, and saw it from behind while braking. They look jeweled and very cool!

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Why does it matter if they are led or not they are one of the best taillights out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
LEDs are cooler. Sedan taillights are awesome!!

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
I have swapped out every light in my Coupe to LED's (except the High Beams which are ZXE and the Low Beams which are Xenon). The tail lights definitely are not LED to start with aside from the middle strip. If you want to swap them out, here are the bulbs you'll need:

4x T20 7443 Standard Connector (I ordered 2x in 1000K Red to replace the Yellow stock turn signals but you will want 1x Yellow/Amber for the signals and 1x Red for the brake light if you keep it with the stock look.)

4x T10 194 (one for the rear parking light and one for the reverse light on each side. I went with 5500K White on these.)

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Why does it matter if they are led or not they are one of the best taillights out.
Bulbs are so 100 years ago. Beyond being out of date like a flip phone, the 500ms faster lighting translates into earlier brake warning to drivers following you thus resulting in a shorter braking relative to impact with your bumper, not a shorter braking distance for the car (assuming reaction time is equal).

I'll not bore you with the arithmetic, suffce it to say, LEDs are better and not just for show.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Going back to my roots I had a 1994 Probe GT with V6 for 10 years before my 2007 Accord
V6 coupe Honda is just a natural progression now that I am older and wiser but still love my speed.
Does the 2.4 in your '7 lose its juice over time? I'm asking because I once drove your 2.4 back in '7 and it had plenty of juice but then I drove another back in '12 and it didn't feel as fast.

My memory was the 2.4 in the '7 drove like a V6 to like 50-60 mph before it ran out of torque in the higher RPMs??

Or maybe you are a V8 guy? Whats witht he V6 probe talk, that slab ain't faster then any of the Hondas, meh dont like Ford V6s esp the one in the old Mustang.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bulbs are so 100 years ago. Beyond being out of date like a flip phone, the 500ms faster lighting translates into earlier brake warning to drivers following you thus resulting in a shorter braking relative to impact with your bumper, not a shorter braking distance for the car (assuming reaction time is equal).

I'll not bore you with the arithmetic, suffce it to say, LEDs are better and not just for show.
Light bulbs are out of date like flip phones? There is so many advantages smart phones have now days. I just don't see a big advantage in LEDs. I just don't get why now light bulbs are bad cause we now have LEDs. By that thinking you shouldn't have bought a accord and bought an electric car. The gasoline engine is so 100 years ago. Don't get me wrong. I love my LEDs. But the only reason I got them was that I like the 5000k look. The taillights on the coupe is just mean. I don't care what type of lights are in it. I just wish I could see them more often. My jaw still drops when I see them on the road.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Light bulbs are out of date like flip phones? There is so many advantages smart phones have now days. I just don't see a big advantage in LEDs. I just don't get why now light bulbs are bad cause we now have LEDs. By that thinking you shouldn't have bought a accord and bought an electric car. The gasoline engine is so 100 years ago. Don't get me wrong. I love my LEDs. But the only reason I got them was that I like the 5000k look. The taillights on the coupe is just mean. I don't care what type of lights are in it. I just wish I could see them more often. My jaw still drops when I see them on the road.
Light bulbs aren't bad, it's just LED's are better from a safety point of view.

II Kings is referring to that split second reaction time the driver behind you needs to determine if they will stop their car from rear ending you, because someone in front of you decided to floor their brakes. You may not appreciate it just gawking at the back of a coupe, but if you were behind a 9th gen EX-L sedan (and up), you'd want fulll LED's on your rear to save your bacon if the above incident ever happened. :thmsup:

·
hot garbage
203 Posts
4x T20 7443 Standard Connector (I ordered 2x in 1000K Red to replace the Yellow stock turn signals but you will want 1x Yellow/Amber for the signals and 1x Red for the brake light if you keep it with the stock look.)
maybe a dumb question, but why would you you want to use red color led bulbs in the tail lights? wouldn't it give better results using regular white led? its not like the stock bulbs are red. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts