Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if my 2021 Accord LX has a “walk-away auto-lock” feature that automatically locks the doors when you’re five feet away from the car. The manual states it does.. Don't see it in the settings

·
Registered
505 Posts
I didn't even know they had the feature on new Accords... but

47 seconds of searching later....

And no, the LX models do not have that auto-lock feature.

Gotta pay for the toys if you wanna roll with the big boys.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Wondering if my 2021 Accord LX has a “walk-away auto-lock” feature that automatically locks the doors when you’re five feet away from the car. The manual states it does.. Don't see it in the settings
Okay- there are some things that need to be clarified before someone can answer this question correctly...

First, you posted in the hybrid-specific forum... so when you say Accord LX... are you talking about the Accord Hybrid base model? (Honda doesn't refer to it as an Accord Hybrid LX).

The only official LX trim level is for the 1.5t gas engine model... and no, that model does not come with full keyless access or walk-away auto lock.

The base hybrid model DOES come with full keyless access and walk-away auto lock.

You can compare the features of the various Accord trim levels HERE. (Then click on "see all features and specs".

Reactions: PlayaPlaya

·
Registered
115 Posts
...The only official LX trim level is for the 1.5t gas engine model... and no, that model does not come with full keyless access or walk-away auto lock...
Not sure what you mean by full keyless access. I have an LX, it has a keyless remote that will lock or unlock all the doors with the push of a button.

But it does not have the ability to unlock by touching the handles, if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Not sure what you mean by full keyless access. I have an LX, it has a keyless remote that will lock or unlock all the doors with the push of a button.

But it does not have the ability to unlock by touching the handles, if that's what you mean.
You have a remote, like a key fob, to lock and unlock your doors without inserting the key into the door?? FANCY MAN! Thats some Mercedes stuff. A remote to lock (and UNLOCK?!?) your car, dang man. Expensive.
(ahahha, I'm kidding boss, its always fun to poke fun. Happy Tuesday) :)

But, read a little closer, this is about the "walk away" lock(unlock) feature...where you dont have to press any button, just walk away and it locks automatically.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

The LX and 1.5t Sport have remote keyless entry and push button start. The car won't automatically unlock when you pull on the door handle, it won't lock when you touch the top of the door handle, and it doesn't have walk away auto lock- which is exactly what it sounds like. When you walk away from the car with the key fob in your pocket, the car automatically locks. The trunk also will open while your key is in your pocket and you pull on the handle on the trunk lid.

Instead, the LX and 1.5t Sport have remote keyless entry- you still need to dig the key fob out of your pocket and press the unlock button in order to unlock the car. You still need to hit the trunk release button on the key fob or the button on the inside of the driver door in order to open the trunk. Once in the car, you can just hit the start button to engage the engine.

On hybrids, 2.0t Sport, EX (until 2020), EXL, and Touring trims, the car comes with full keyless access. You can leave the key in your pocket or purse and the car will unlock when you pull on the door handle, it will lock when you hit the top of the door handle, and it will allow you open the trunk just by pulling up on the switch on the trunk lid.

Cars have had key fobs since the early 1990s- maybe late 1980s. Full keyless access began in the mid 2000s. Honda offers full keyless access on higher trim models... but basic keyless entry (with push button start) on LX and 1.5t Sport models.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Keyless access is just that, you have a remote that is used to gain access to your vehicle or lock it when you leave. Yes, those have been around for decades.

The next level up is what Honda calls Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®.

"Full" keyless access is never referred to by any documentation I have read. That's the point of clarification I was trying to make.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts