Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 2017 Coupe, CVT/i4, with 18" stock wheels was about useless on bad roads here in lovely Winterfell (Western, PA) last winter. So, like my other vehicles, I want to find a used set of stock Accord wheels, but 17" to put diggers on for winter (the 17" winter treads are sooooo much less expensive). So, what is the current info regarding running two sets of wheels with two sets of TPMS sensors? Would the dealer have to handle the swap 2x/year and charge me some ridiculous amount to reprogram the ECU each time? Can I buy somthing to reprogram the ECU myself for the TPMS/wheel-size change that would perhaps have an ROI compared to dealer charges within 4-5 years?

Thanks everyone.
-Dtube

·
Registered
127 Posts
Our cars don't have TPMS sensors; the car measures tire rotation relative to the other tires when driving in a straight line to determine if the inflation is off.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2017 Accord Coupe CVT/i4 with stock 18" wheels. I want to load Winter Treads on 17", recent, OEM Accord wheels. Any concerns to be aware of switching back and forth?
-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.