Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Video Removed. Excessive Speeding On Public Roads

Here ya go. It looks like it is 131 mph (governed) for a stock V6-6MT. Well that’s what the speedometer reads. If it is off by the usual 1%, 131 mph on that speedometer may actually be 130 mph. It also seemed to be pulling pretty hard when it hit its governor.

According to the C&D test below, top speed is governed to 131 mph on a 9th gen 6-6.

2016 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 Manual Test ? Review ? Car and Driver

It looks like 130 mph is it. But remove the governor and the engine has enough power to push it well above 150 mph. (Not that anyone should test those ludicrous speeds on public roads.)

·
Registered
212 Posts
It also seemed to be pulling pretty hard when it hit its governor.
Yeah, it was still accelerating happily when it hit the governor's limit. Pretty clear that it could have gone a lot faster if Honda let it... :wink

Oh, and I wouldn't call 150mph a "ludicrous speed" for a modern car, but it's pretty fast, yes. And yes, it's probably a safe assumption to say that the car is not designed to go a lot faster than its governed top speed. Of course, if you want to keep your car and stay out of jail at least here in the US those speeds are off limits on public roads anyway.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Oh, and I wouldn't call 150mph a "ludicrous speed" for a modern car,
Oops. My bad for being unclear. I didn't mean 150 mph is a ludicrous speed by today's standards. I meant driving 150 mph or even 130 mph on a public road is ludicrous, from a safety perspective.

·
The Keyless-Wonder
554 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Speeds are usually limited by the tires. But I have to say that when I hit the governor of 130 on the autobahn with my 535i, those autobahn roads were built for that speed. American highways do not have the sight lines, lane widths, road surfaces, or the situational awareness skills of average drivers that can come close to permitting travelling at that speed.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Northern Nevada has good roads for high speeds. Their stupidly low 75mph speed limit is a hindrance on enjoying the drive.

·
Registered
750 Posts
To everyone,

This is a dangerous post IMO. Some DA members may try to beat the accord top speed contest after reading this thread. There's nothing to prove. Drive safely.

·
Banned
210 Posts
2016 LX-S here and the most I've done is 130. Same for a 2010 LX-S. And it doesn't feel so good in Florida public roads. Feels like it's going to roll off the road and flight away.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Speeds are usually limited by the tires. But I have to say that when I hit the governor of 130 on the autobahn with my 535i, those autobahn roads were built for that speed. American highways do not have the sight lines, lane widths, road surfaces, or the situational awareness skills of average drivers that can come close to permitting travelling at that speed.
Remember when Montana had no daytime speed limit?

Too bad I didn't get a chance to test them out before.

·
Banned
94 Posts
Not necessarily. 2001-2003 CL and 2002-2003 TL were both capable of 150+ mph speeds bone stock and were set up to have fuel cut off at 150 even. Why, I have no idea but this is what Honda did. If I remember reading correctly, the current Accord is limited to 125. Regardless of one way or another, I have no plans on ever finding out myself and it is completely irrelevant to me if my Accord tops out at 125 or 150. Anyone who dares to drive that fast on public roads and highways needs to have their head checked.

2 Posts
I got a warning about my previous post. Apparently speeding is not allowed on this forum, and I respect that. I guess I'll ask a theoretical question and I hope the admin can allow this question.

Is there a speed limiter on our car, or does it just go till the tach breaks? If not, V6 cars can get out of control.
2015 honda accord touring 3.5L cuts out at 126mph and or 202.77 kmh

21 - 34 of 34 Posts