Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disable the horn sound when locking and unlocking the car? It's a 2004 Honda Accord EX and I believe it is an aftermarket alarm that was installed from what I've read. It honks once when locking and twice when unlocking. It is incredibly annoying when you unlock the car at 6 am...I believe I have traced it to a Karr alarm series from that time, but the valet switch seems to be a little different than what others have. Any help would be appreciated!!

·
8th Gen Believer
4,135 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried an internet search? Do you have the model number? KARR Auto Security | SWDS
Yes, I've done multiple searches. I even found something from Karr on how to disable it, but it requires you to push the "Valet push button switch" which my car does not have. I do have the a box with an led light under the steering wheel, but there is no button. Just a hole next to the led light. KARR 4040a.pdf

·
07 Sdn
363 Posts
You're going to have to get behind that panel and look for it. The valet button or the wires for the button are probably there.

·
2006 I4 MT
1,688 Posts
On one of my car with a Clifford alarm, I press the unlock and aux botton at the same time if I want no sound acknowledgment.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The alarm module must have a wire that's tapped into the factory horn wire. Find that wire coming from the module and disconnect it from the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts