Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received my LED bulbs for my coupe, replaced the 3 interior lights no problem, I go to replace the trunk light. Since I'm an idiot, i decide to start prying the brass metal stuff, thinking this is what I'm supposed to do.

So in the end I'm sitting there like a dumbass with a mangled trunk light, essentially what I would like to order is the part that clips into the wires for the light.

Anyone know if it's possible to order this?

·
Honda Parts Guy
4 Posts
Just so you know, the OEM connector ( #7 on the catalog image ) comes from the dealer in a bag of 5. The wires for the connector are sold seperately and come in bags of 10 each. The easiest and cheapest route is to find one in a salvage yard and snip off about 8 inches of the wire harness its connected to. This way the connector is already assembled and you can just butt-connect to your harness. EZPZ

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I had created this thread. Can't believe I went so long without a trunk light lol.

I went ahead and ordered #7 from that chart and it wasn't the part I needed.

Here's a picture of the part that I do need, it's this entire piece pretty much, the gold stuff is what I pried off like an idiot.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just so you know, the OEM connector ( #7 on the catalog image ) comes from the dealer in a bag of 5. The wires for the connector are sold seperately and come in bags of 10 each. The easiest and cheapest route is to find one in a salvage yard and snip off about 8 inches of the wire harness its connected to. This way the connector is already assembled and you can just butt-connect to your harness. EZPZ
Traapt, what he said seems like the best and cheapest route, call around and see if they have any accords in the year you need it. The other benefit is you might find some other goodies. Let me know how you make out cause i've been meaning to try and find a junk yard w. a 8th gen that I can get a new center console tray from.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts