Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
i dont the salt seems to eat threw the clear coat and paint, also with the salt and sand on the road they tend to get beat up pretty bad. i just run oem in the winter and my nice ones in the summer

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought some 20s and I want to put them on badly but I'm in Michigan and the winters are pretty bad..so I guess imma have to hold of..I'm like a kid waiting to open my Christmas gift smh

·
Banned
694 Posts
Two reasons not to:

Salt and sand do horrors to the clearcoat of aftermarket when and even worse to chrome and aluminum finishes.

Second, most aftermarket tire sizes are usually summer tires and will NOT be ideal in cold temps and snowy conditions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Over here in philly the recent onslaught of snowstorms has left massive craters in the road. I currently have my 19" HFP's in the garage while I run the stock 17". It's really hard to avoid & see the potholes when they are snow or water covered. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
268 Posts
dont do it. the tires you have to run to fit 20's on an accord are 90% high performance summer tires which get hard and turn into blocks of ice in the winter, not to mention the damage that will be done by the road salt. Just be patient...

·
Registered
268 Posts
HFP's arent aftermarket wheels FYI...

·
Registered
268 Posts
i'm just saying. the HFP rims dont have the same kind of clear coat as true aftermarket wheels. I'd be ok running HFP wheels as long as they had all season tires...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx for both your comments..that's what I'm reading online that aftermarket rims don't have the same quality of clear coat as factory rims....sigh...I get the rims on tuesday...i alreadybbought tires from discount tire...I wonder if they'll hold them until late march early April

1 - 11 of 11 Posts