Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2021 Accord Sport 2.0T and was thinking about installing my subs from my old car. I just want to know if I get them installed if it'll void any warranty. I'd be taking it to a good shop because I'm sure they'd make it cleaner than I usually do. Sorry for starting a new post but I've not seen a concise post yet.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,665 Posts
Read the warranty

· Registered
195 Posts
If something on your car breaks that is the result or could be the result of an aftermarket part, then that particular part that broke is no longer covered by the warranty.

Example: Your aftermarket sub install ends up shorting out your factory speakers, well now that is no longer covered. Even if it was not the cause, dealers may make you prove otherwise. Lets say you merely have a sub in the trunk, it was never installed or wired because you never got around to it. Now your shorted speakers can be proven to have failed through no action on your part.

Let's say you installed aftermarket coilovers. A few days later your passenger window no longer works. This is still covered by the warranty. No idiot would try to point at coilovers as the reason a power window failed. The window failing has nothing to do with the aftermarket coilovers. Now if your other suspension parts have issues, sure they can try to blame the coilovers then.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read the warranty
You must be bored. Go do something productive if you're not saying anything of value.

Warranties are voided if a warrantied part fails as a result of something you did to the car that is not considered normal usage
I assumed it'd be something like that. Thanks for the confirmation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.