Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does my car look riced out so far or not? I plan on tinting headlights and buying aftermarket tinted tailights. But what do you all think does it look riced out or does it look like a nice subtle custom Honda Accord ? It has a borla exhaust, ktuner, and KN air intake. It will get an intercooler soon

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Accord Touring 2.0
6 Posts
Be careful about your headlights. It may be illegal to tint them. You may want to check your local laws.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Any form-over-function mods = rice in my mind. Naturally, I'm not a big fan of the tinted lights. But it's your car, so do whatever that enhance your ownership experience.

·
HK Moderator
14,264 Posts
Tinted head and tail lights are for small-penised sociopaths wanting to meet cops and post drama threads in the FaceBook.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tinted my eyeballs. Its risky, but I've saved a lot of money in the long run.

Normally I'm not critical of people's cars, but since you asked: throw those caliper covers in the woods and don't look back.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Not bad, but now i'm certain that I do not like the look of caliper covers. I guess I'll be painting my calipers instead. Anyone's thoughts on going matte/glossy black vs the same red as my San Marino red 2019 sport?

·
8th Gen Believer
4,013 Posts
At least it's long grained rice ...

Reactions: overlord

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
You are good, now...but...I'm not a fan of the caliper spray job/cover thing, either.
You're teetering on the edge of "rice-dom" by any further mods.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It looks fine, aside from the caliper covers. Tinted headlights are a recipe for a traffic ticket and poor night visibility.

·
2020 CBP Touring
727 Posts
I put 50% (most conservative %) vinyl overlays on my reverse/turn signals/rear reflectors and it looks good. Nothing on the taillights themselves. Very subtle and stock looking. I normally wouldn't do it but they needed something.
Light output compared is almost indistinguishable (I thought the turns were too bright anyway believe it or not... annoyingly bright from experience)

Here's the passenger side done/driver side OEM. Both reflectors done (at night they still reflect very brightly from headlights). Zoom in to get the best idea of the tint.

Not a sociopath, big 🐓.

·
Registered
158 Posts
IMO it's not a good idea to make your car less visible by tinting the headlights or taillights.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't even understand the reason you asked. You still have the stock wheels, no skirt, the original tail lights, no decals, nor are the brake calipers colored - why do you even think it's "riced" when it's indistinguishable from sport stock. If you're looking for ideas - check out Instagram. I'm a fan of updating the Accord as well, my goal is to update in such a way that only other Accord enthusiast would notice.

Reactions: Samuelx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited by Moderator)
Those r the vinyl film I plan to put put on the car for the headlights. Those custom tailights I will install on my car they r pretty bright as well so I’m not worried about the inability to see and all. I do also plan to attach the Chinese emblem on my car as seen in the photo with the tailights, I have the emblem just waiting to install along side the tailights. Here’s a better look at my rear, I have a spoiler and diffuser on there
0F8F4AB7-73C7-4A87-85E0-C0C49D63D7FD.jpeg
74502C08-6962-4334-A093-4987FE50FA5B.jpeg

I also have a front jdm style lip spoiler I have yet to install. I may add it I may not still debating. What do you all think of the look when are the parts are installed? Riced or not?

What makes you not like them personally? I like my caliper covers I chose a custom color for them, Austin yellow. I like how it looks good and the the simplicity of the covers doesn’t make the car seem like it’s trying too hard. It’s more of a splash of color to me I like them

I don't even understand the reason you asked. You still have the stock wheels, no skirt, the original tail lights, no decals, nor are the brake calipers colored - why do you even think it's "riced" when it's indistinguishable from sport stock. If you're looking for ideas - check out Instagram. I'm a fan of updating the Accord as well, my goal is to update in such a way that only other Accord enthusiast would notice.
I ask just to know y’alls Input. Not trying to rice it out but rather go for a unique look like you mentioned. Just wanna see where I stand rn

What do you think of the vinyl film I plan to get for the headlights? They’re led lights and fairly bright I doubt it will hinder the visibility drastically

You are good, now...but...I'm not a fan of the caliper spray job/cover thing, either.
You're teetering on the edge of "rice-dom" by any further mods.
They’re covers why aren’t you a fan? They’re great quality material, the color pops out, and and they’re fairly subtle and sleak. What do you think

I tinted my eyeballs. Its risky, but I've saved a lot of money in the long run.

Normally I'm not critical of people's cars, but since you asked: throw those caliper covers in the woods and don't look back.
What do you mean by saved money? And why don’t you like them?

If it doesn't have a wing and a fart can, then it's not rice.
It’s got a borla exhaust. Not a fart can but it does give off a deep sophisticated growl and when I rev the engine for high rpms it gives a great louder growl, but in my opinion never has it given me a straight up fart like sound

·
HK Moderator
14,264 Posts
Do you know what the Chinese character emblem means, translated?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you know what the Chinese character emblem means, translated?
Yes it’s an emblem for the Chinese dealership Guangzhou Honda . I believe it is a CHINESE dealership not Japanese but the emblem translates to that. Nothing special no up badging or anything just a cosmetic pieces.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts