Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly certain my 2014 LX locks all doors by itself, but I cannot find this feature in the manual. Does anyone know if the 9th gen will auto lock after a certain period of time?
I do know the car will relock if you unlocked via fob but did not open the door. I am noticing the car locking all doors some period after I exit the car without my doing so via keyfob.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
I have an EX-L V6, but the only type of auto lock that I am aware of is if you set the car to auto lock when you put the car in Drive. You can change that setting on i-MID. The car should not otherwise auto lock.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an EX-L V6, but the only type of auto lock that I am aware of is if you set the car to auto lock when you put the car in Drive. You can change that setting on i-MID. The car should not otherwise auto lock.

That was my impression, too. I wonder if Im accidentally hitting the lock button on the fob while it's in my pocket.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The car's autolock feature is basically if you accidently unlock your car door on your key fob but don't get in for like a set interval, the car will basically lock itself. There's no autolock feature that i'm aware of that when you get out of your car the door will lock automatically , if that makes sense? Just a safety feature, nothing more.

·
Registered
121 Posts
1. If you unlock car and DONT open a door the car will lock itself after a certain amount of time.

2. After a certain speed or moving car into gear or park will lock and unlock doors

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
1. If you unlock car and DONT open a door the car will lock itself after a certain amount of time.

2. After a certain speed or moving car into gear or park will lock and unlock doors
this is correct, these settings are adjustable through your i-mid.

·
Registered
227 Posts
speaking of locks, the keyless feature is simply amazing with just the push of a button on the door handle. I thought it would be cool if you could lock the doors upon exit the same way as entering from a locked door position just by slipping your hand into the crevice of the handle.

I've always wondered, does the keyless unlock feature work by small electric current running from body to car or NFC? :paranoid:

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
nope. not the Sport model anyway. Kinda sucks seeing it's a $25k car and u can lock your keys in the car
If your key is in the ignition the doors shouldn't lock. I'm not sure because I have the EX-L. Of course you could be a moron and take the key part way out of the ignition and lock the door like I did once a few years ago lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts