Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
2008 Honda Accord LX Sedan 0-60 mph 7.3 Quarter mile 15.8

The best I've ever been able to do was 8.1 0-60. Most times I'm in the 8.3-8.4 range. So I'm really skeptical how reliable their numbers are. Unless they're "cheating" by doing 0-60 times at a drag strip that's much stickier than normal roads.

Get a stop watch (or use your phone) and find out yourself :) Won't be as accurate as using an OBDII app watching the reported speed, but should give a pretty good ballpark if 5.5 is possible.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
This was listed for the V6 Auto by zeroto60.com
Seems like very good numbers and close to older gen Evos.

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Honda-Vtech-0-60-mph-Times.html
Yes. The numbers posted are pulled from Magazine tests like C&D and Motor Trend.

This is the one that blows me away:

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD (Manual) 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.7

Catch a Challenger RT, Mustang or Camaro SS with a rookie behind the wheel and you could be showing him taillights.

Jay

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Is it real? I’d say yes. The 8th gen 6-6 is supposed to be about 5.6 seconds to 60 mph. When I recorded mine below I got a time of 5.8 seconds to 60 mph.

However, this run was done under less than ideal circumstances. I came off the line rather flat at 1,500 rpm – no high-rpm clutch drop with slipping of the clutch. I did not bang it off the line like most magazines do to get ridiculously low 0-30 times. In addition I could not floor it in first gear because it would cause excess wheel spin. First gear was done at about ¾ throttle – and still spun the tires. If you notice, I did not take it to redline in first gear because it was not fully floored. (My bad.) Another criticism of my driving is that I don’t bang my gears for hard-core race shifts.

I am no race car driver! With a better (more aggressive) driver or better traction which enables full throttle in first, I’m sure the car could do better. If I got 0-60 in 5.8 seconds (on winter fuel) I’m sure a time of 5.5 seconds is repeatable with a better driver on summer fuel. FWIW, this video does not show how strongly this car keeps pulling at higher speeds. It’s no Corvette but it will keep up with many “performance cars,” especially once it is off the line.

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
See the video in my signature. 30-70 goes by between 4-5 seconds. Rolling on the throttle from second gear. The upper RPM pull is solid

·
Registered
608 Posts
Haven't done in any recorded times in my EX-L V6, but having driven many other cars with similar performance times, I wouldn't dispute the figures at all. Also, the 9th gen V6 has been dyno'd countless times showing the wheel hp supporting the ability to generate the acceleration figures quoted. It seems this car has an efficient drivetrain and/or slight underrating of its crank hp. With some of the competitors (namely GM) , you'll see more powerful direct injected V6s but the cars can't produce the acceleration figures you think it would.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is indeed fast for an accord v6.
personally, what's more amazing is that a 3400lbs family car with NA 4cyl engine can pull 0-60 in 6.6 seconds.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
personally, what's more amazing is that a 3400lbs family car with NA 4cyl engine can pull 0-60 in 6.6 seconds.
That is what a proper gearing mated to a good engine can do. Honda is a Japanese BMW as they say in Belarus. :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised on the pick-up of my new '14 V6 Coupe in either normal D mode or S. In Sport mode I fully believe those numbers; I have owned a C-3 Vette and 2 fairly quick BMW Coupes and this sucker can run 0-60 with them

·
Registered
91 Posts
I rolled a 2008 Civic with turbo until I hit 90mph. Then it was so long sucker for him. He must of had it tunned for top end I guess.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always liked that Acura CL Coupe Type-S. I guess the accord must get those numbers or better.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Actually the version that goes to 60 in 6.6 (the 6MT) weighs 3276 at the most in sport form. EX and LX are lighter still.

Still amazing though. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are your 0-60mph times?

Hey quick question for everyone what are yall's 0-60 times on the v6 versions coupe or sedan preferable stock since I'm currently running a 15 coupe v6 auto an I believe its about 6-7sec time while stock components besides a high flow air filter. I do have 12in sub, fishing gear, a lil emergency kit, spare tire an other small stuff. I am just curious if my car is just slower then others stock or if my times are ok.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well I don't have stock time but with mine lightly moded I was doing just over 5 sec. My gen 10 gets mid 4s. I can say though what sold me on the car was how quick it was stock. I went from a Cadillac CTS V to a 2016 Touring.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Good enough. I didn't buy a dragster.

Reactions: Bluetegjoe
1 - 20 of 25 Posts