Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SGP Accord Touring/ 2019 SGP CTR R-35355
105 Posts
Im having a similar issue with my 2021 Touring and my 12 Pro Max. I find it helps if you heat up the back of the phone. It's not a solution. But it seems like if I rest a cold phone, on my leg for a few minutes to heat the silicone up on the back, it will charge. Im wondering since it still cold in most places, that might be affecting some of you. I heat the back of the Apple silicone case up, and it works.

Im having a similar issue with my 2021 Touring and my 12 Pro Max. I find it helps if you heat up the back of the phone. It's not a solution. But it seems like if I rest a cold phone, on my leg for a few minutes to heat the silicone up on the back, it will charge. Im wondering since it still cold in most places, that might be affecting some of you. I heat the back of the Apple silicone case up, and it works.

·
2018 Sport 2.0T 6MT
88 Posts
I was planning on installing the OEM accessory wireless charger in my car, but after thinking about it a lot, I've decided to stick a MagSafe charger in the same location instead. Not only is it a whole lot cheaper and prevents me from ripping the interior apart, but it also allows for 15 watt charging (as opposed to 7.5 watts for Qi charging on iPhones) and will also hold the phone solidly in place and perfectly aligned.

Reactions: Limegrntaln

·
Registered
2021 SGP Accord Touring/ 2019 SGP CTR R-35355
105 Posts
UPDATE: I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but the iPhone had an update the other day. 14.4.2. And ever since I updated my phone, I have had zero issues with the phone charging on the OEM wireless charging pad.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It works for me, but it’s kinda slow. I also don’t have the newest phone (XR), so might not experience some of the issues you’re experiencing. I wonder if taking off the case will help, but it kinda defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
UPDATE: I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but the iPhone had an update the other day. 14.4.2. And ever since I updated my phone, I have had zero issues with the phone charging on the OEM wireless charging pad.
Thanks for sharing this. I leased a 2021 EX-L two weeks ago, and the charging pad does not work with my iPhone 12. Works fine with my wife's 11. I'll try again and see if the software update did anything for me.

Thanks for sharing this. I leased a 2021 EX-L two weeks ago, and the charging pad does not work with my iPhone 12. Works fine with my wife's 11. I'll try again and see if the software update did anything for me.
Update: 14.4.2 update didn't fix it for me. It charges for about 10 seconds, and then starts flashing amber and green.

The wireless charger was one of the features I was most looking forward to, so I'm hoping it'll work eventually, but I picked up a Magsafe charger and USB-C adapter for the center console so at least I can avoid a visible mess of wires under the dashboard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue with my 12 pro and 2021 touring.
I confirmed with 3 different 2021 Accord hybrid EX iPhone 12 does not work on wireless charger IPhone 11 do work. Problem with iPhone 12’s hopefully Apple will update this problem !!!!!

My does not work with that update!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed that the wireless charger on my Touring is complete garbage. I can't get my iPhone 12 or my wife's iPhone 11 Max to charge longer for a few seconds before it starts blinking yellow and stops charging.

Seems to be an alignment issue since moving it slightly can correct it for a minute before it happens again.

I know induction charging requires close placement of the antennas, but this is just unusable. What's the point of wireless CarPlay if the charging doesn't work?
14.5 IOS update worked for me and my IPhone 12 Pro my wife’s iPhone 11 always worked.

No fix for the iPhone 12 with 14.5, which came out today, either.
Worked for my iPhone 12 today

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's good to know. I'll try again tomorrow after a restart. For you, it never worked until this update?

For me, the amber light comes on for a few seconds, and the phone shows that it's charging, but then after about 10 seconds, the amber and green lights come on together. Is that what was happening to you previously?

. .

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's good to know. I'll try again tomorrow after a restart. For you, it never worked until this update?

For me, the amber light comes on for a few seconds, and the phone shows that it's charging, but then after about 10 seconds, the amber and green lights come on together. Is that what was happening to you previously?
Worked for me. After update. Did not work before. Sat on charge 5 minutes amber light the whole time. I have iPhone 12 Pro

Will not work with iPhone 12 series. Really bummed about this. I have the 12 Pro and other phone iPhone 11 Pro Max works fine with it. I am sure it has to do with the magnet inside the 12’s.
My iPhone 12 pro works now after IOS 14.5 update. I put it on for 5 minutes worked fine. Restart your phone.

Worked for me. After update. Did not work before. Sat on charge 5 minutes amber light the whole time. I have iPhone 12

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doesn’t work for me after updating brand new iPhone 12 to 14.5. My 8 plus worked flawlessly. Beyond frustrating.

My iPhone 12 pro works now after IOS 14.5 update. I put it on for 5 minutes worked fine. Restart your phone.
I wish it worked for me. I tried the restart too. I also had a discussion with Apple today and they confirmed there was nothing in the 14.5 update to address this issue and that engineers are still working to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
187 Posts
I did this. No change and still not working for me. My sisters iPhone 11 Pro Max works fine with it though. Still 12, Pro and Pro Max issue it seems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
14.5 IOS update worked for me and my IPhone 12 Pro my wife’s iPhone 11 always worked.

I'm revising my earlier reply. Stopped working after 10 minutes of driving. iPhone 12 stopped working.

Revise does not work with iphone 12 pro!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I have solved my issue with charging. I have an iPhone 12 Pro with Apple leather mag safe case, using 14.5.1. Honda 2021 Accord Touring Hybrid.
Do not put phone straight in and lay it on charger. Angle it between to the two side guards of charger
For me, that means the left top corner of phone is touching the farthest point back on left side guard, and right lower corner of phone is touching right side guard at opening. Think of the letter “N”.
No problem charging with engine off (accessory mode), idle or driving. Before doing this I would get Amber (charging), then flashing amber/green (charging problem). Now I just get amber….charging correctly.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Day 2. And the procedure I mentioned above still works and my iPhone 12 Pro charges wirelessly with case on. I did have to slide the phone around in “N” position a little but no blinking and it charges fine. If you don’t line up the phone, then a bump or jiggle on road causes phone to loose position and therefore no charging. When I line phone up in the right position, as I described earlier, road conditions did not impact the charging. Bouncing around didn’t effect the charging. Solid amber is result.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I have solved my issue with charging. I have an iPhone 12 Pro with Apple leather mag safe case, using 14.5.1. Honda 2021 Accord Touring Hybrid.
Do not put phone straight in and lay it on charger. Angle it between to the two side guards of charger
For me, that means the left top corner of phone is touching the farthest point back on left side guard, and right lower corner of phone is touching right side guard at opening. Think of the letter “N”.
No problem charging with engine off (accessory mode), idle or driving. Before doing this I would get Amber (charging), then flashing amber/green (charging problem). Now I just get amber….charging correctly.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for posting this. When I tried it, it seemed to work initially, but after about 30-45 seconds, it went back to the flashing amber/green. In the past, it's charged for about 15 seconds, so this seems like progress. I'll play around with different positions next time I'm in the car.

I guess at this point, there's no way this is a software issue. It has to be some sort of issue with the Magsafe magnets not playing well with the older charging pads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You just have to find the sweet spot in that N position. I had to do it a couple times today on morning ride out. But after I got it in the spot it worked fine. yeah I think it is the mag safe location in phone that cause this odd positioning.

I should have added that I slid it back and forth along the sides to find sweet spot

Just found this…
Make sure your iPhone is Aligned properly
Most folks drop their iPhone on a wireless charger and just walk away, assuming their device is gaining charge. What they don’t realize is that wireless charging relies on the proper alignment of the iPhone on the pad. To make a contact that transmits energy to the iPhone, the iPhone’s internal induction coil must line up properly with the induction coil in the wireless charging pad. If the device is even slightly off to the side, then the induction coils won’t line up and the iPhone won’t charge wirelessly.
It’s deceiving because you think the iPhone is charging, but it is not. You have to position the iPhone on the charger pad and wiggle it until you get the right alignment. You’ll be able to tell because the charging indicator on the iPhone will kick on. Once your iPhone is aligned properly, don’t move it as you may lose the connection, and your iPhone won’t charge wirelessly.

Apple has tried to resolve this issue with the introduction of MagSafe chargers. The iPhone 12 features a ring of magnets in the back casing that aligns perfectly with the MagSafe charging surface. These magnets help secure the iPhone, so it can’t be bumped out of place, ensuring a solid connection.

source…

·
Registered
26 Posts
You just have to find the sweet spot in that N position. I had to do it a couple times today on morning ride out. But after I got it in the spot it worked fine. yeah I think it is the mag safe location in phone that cause this odd positioning.

I should have added that I slid it back and forth along the sides to find sweet spot
This worked for me yesterday! Thank you!

It didn't work when I tried the phone with the left side pushed all the way back, but moving it up a bit worked. I was in the car for about 15 minutes at a time yesterday, and the amber light never shut off.

Everybody else having this trouble with the iPhone 12 Pro should try this!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts