Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

Registered
I spoke with my dealers service manager today. Honda is aware of this issue. There is a service advisory on this issue so any honda dealer should be aware of the issue. Supposedly, honda is working on a fix.

Registered
I read that google phones will limit charge rates on non google wireless chargers. My pixel 3xl (yes it's old) can charge wireless but it is slow. And if I am running Android auto it just shows the drain. I don't worry about wireless. I'm used to having it plugged in on long drives. Just happy to have Android auto

Registered
Got the new iPhone 13 Pro today. I can confirm that it does not seem to charge any better on the Accord wireless charger than the iPhone 12 Pro. Same issue--flashing lights after a few seconds.

The Shadow II
2021 HAH Touring in MSM
I got no problem with my Samsung 10 whatever model and the wireless charger in my prior 20 Touring and current 21 Hybrid Touring, though I will say the newer car seems to charge FASTER than the old one.

Registered
"If you have a customer stating their Apple iPhone庐 12 (all models: iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max) does not charge when using the wireless charger, please let them know that we are aware of these concerns and are currently looking into it. Replacing the wireless charger or using another iPhone 12 will not address the customer鈥檚 concern."

I suspect these charging issues go beyond the iPhone 12. The wireless charger that came on my 2021 Ridgeline is trash. It only charges my Apple AirPods Pro and XS Max for about 10 seconds before the charging stops and the light starts blinking. And, whoever put the status light directly beneath the device being charged should be fired.
n

I agree, the wireless charging pad is a joke. I just purchased the Ridgeline RTL E and cannot get the wireless charger to charge my Galaxy Note 9 no matter what I do. I even had my friends try their phone, but same issues as everyone else, charges for about 10 sec if that, and stops. Blinking green light for the rest of the trip.

Registered
My Google Pixel 5 usually only charges briefly when it's in the (very thin!) Google branded case for the phone. Occasionally I can line it up just right and get it to charge through the case but it's weak, not enough to maintain charge while using Android Auto let alone increase battery charge. However, when I remove the phone case it charges fine on the wireless pad, it actually increases battery percentage while I'm using Android Auto, Waze and YouTube Music - i.e. it works as expected as long as I remove my phone case.

I have never had issues with wireless charging while the phone is in the case, every other wireless charger works fine. And it's the Google case for the Google phone, not as though it's some absurdly thick third party case. Wireless charging coupled with wireless Android Auto are important features to me, my experience with it on my '21 Hybrid EX-L is disappointing.

Registered
This is completely ridiculous! Saying there no fix use a cord.. Hondas better then that. Honda should issue a recall / service program on this. Or somebody should file a class action suit. Much rather have a recall and having it fixed vs receiving $2.50 in a class action. This a Honda issue works fine on a wireless charger at home.

2020 CBP Touring
I wouldn't sweat it guys. That 5w charger is so slow its literally almost completely useless. I used it a couple of times and turned it off to reclaim the storage space instead. All it does is create unnecessary heat that will lower your battery longevity.
Nothing under 10 watts is worth messing with, especially if using AA or ACP with it.

Registered
I'm going to go the dealer and play dumb and see if there aware (Hondas aware) Also while there try out a 2022 Accord since there out now and see if the problem still persists. Herd the problem is also with the new 13 iPhones so hopefully Honda isn't trying to play the waiting game in hopes people just update there phones.

Registered
Here鈥檚 the bottom line. None of these workarounds should even exist. We shouldn鈥檛 have to put a piece of foam or something to prevent the phone from being all the way back. We shouldn鈥檛 have to angle the phone a certain way. It should just work. I know alignment is crucial, but there are too many workarounds.

My question is, has anyone taken it to the dealer and if so, what did they say?
This is what I am wondering. Has anyone had success by taking it to the dealership?

It will not work with any of our phones! IPhone Xr, Galaxy Note 10+, or the Z-flip. I keep reading over and over that this is an Apple problem, but clearly it's all kinds of phones.

I'm going to go the dealer and play dumb and see if there aware (Hondas aware) Also while there try out a 2022 Accord since there out now and see if the problem still persists. Herd the problem is also with the new 13 iPhones so hopefully Honda isn't trying to play the waiting game in hopes people just update there phones.
Did you find anything out?

Registered
This is what I am wondering. Has anyone had success by taking it to the dealership?

It will not work with any of our phones! IPhone Xr, Galaxy Note 10+, or the Z-flip. I keep reading over and over that this is an Apple problem, but clearly it's all kinds of phones.

Did you find anything out?

Went to two different dealerships both had never herd of any issues and referred me to service. They automatically wanted to set up appointment. I asked about TSBs and recalls or if they are a were of the issue or ever herd about it and they said no. Even the mechanic. So I showed them the Honda ServiceNews Article on my phone, then they were magically able to pull it up. They said looks like there nothing we can do.

The article says 2020-2021 So I'm curious if the 2022s chargers work or not. Or if when the article was released in June 2021 they didn't include 2022s but because they weren't released yet. Was hoping to try out a 2022 but by local dealer has 0 zip nada new cars in stock and only 40 used. Looks like it might be spring or summer before I even get to try one out because everything is pre sold before it hits the lot these days.

I really hope Honda isn't trying to brush off the issue in hopes people just upgrade there phones. Honda is better then that.

Registered
My iPhone XR (encased with Otterbox Commuter) also works fine with my 鈥19. I find the charger works well enough for maintaining and will charge it to full on longer trips (~1.5 hour or greater) from 45% or so. If I need a faster charge I just plug it in.

Registered
2021 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L, MSM, 2011 Acura TSX
Went to two different dealerships both had never herd of any issues and referred me to service. They automatically wanted to set up appointment.
Seems to me they offered to make an appointment to repair it. You chose not to accept their offer. This would be a warranty repair.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts