Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these fit in the Gen8 Accords? It's from an Odyssey van. I was thinking of adding Homelink in the mirror, but I found this and it's also got a little mic screen. Since I'm adding a bluetooth aftermarket radio, thought it might be a neat idea to put the microphone up there so it looks OEM ;) if it fits that is...

2010 10 Honda Odessey Light Sunglass Holder Gray Replacement Overhead Console | eBay

UPDATE:

Ok, I don't think this will fit. I mean, it will fit, but it looks as though there is an extra plug that I don't have a harness for. So, forget this one.

HOWEVER,

Correct me if I'm wrong. But it appears I can take an OLDER overhead storage bin thingy and it will fit, yes? All I have is the 3 pin plug overhead, and it looks like I can take one of these and just swap it with mine and it should work, AND give me homelink in the overhead, yes? All that's there is a 3 pin plug as far as I can tell, just in a different spot. Theoretically it should work I would think since it's the same plug.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
710 Posts
If homelink is all you're after, why not just add it to your Accord? They can be found new at College Hills and numerous other online sources. Also, see the various write-ups for installation help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well for one, I don't have an EX trim. I have an LX trim, so the College Hills method won't work for me as I would have to replace the entire overhead console anyway. Plus, their method is a battery powered hack as if you don't have Homelink as an OEM option, you don't have that extra harness that plugs into the little green plug on the Homelink unit in the newer cars. It works, but I don't want to have to drop the console every time I have to change a battery.

If I'm going to replace the entire console anyway, and if these overheads from older models are the same size and with bolt holes in the same location, why not go with something that has the same plug?

If the 6th Gen console with homelink has the same electrical plug as the 8th Gen w/o homelink, why wouldn't I just go that route if the actual part fits and fastens in place?

Or since I'm going to replace the mirror anyway, I'll just get a rearview with homelink instead.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
710 Posts
You need to look through the MOD section and the threads about Homelink. You can get the power for the Homelink insided in the header console from the existing lights in your LX header console. If you want the Homelink in the mirror, then you can also tap the existing power from the LX header console or run two or three wires from either inside fusebox. Easy breezy.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
710 Posts
Oh, these can be readily found in wrecked 8th gen Accords for cheap. Just a thought.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to look through the MOD section and the threads about Homelink. You can get the power for the Homelink insided in the header console from the existing lights in your LX header console. If you want the Homelink in the mirror, then you can also tap the existing power from the LX header console or run two or three wires from either inside fusebox. Easy breezy.
Yeah, I think I'm just going to do the mirror. Homelink isn't a big deal I suppose. I have 3 buttons on my remote, so it wouldn't be a big deal either way ;) I'm definitely going the mirror route though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts