Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering doing a few things to my Accord Sport sedan, but it is a lease and I'm not sure what dealerships usually notice (if the car were brought in for service) and what might go unnoticed. I was considering doing the following, and these obviously are not huge mods at all:

-Replace foglight bulbs with yellow bulbs

-35% tint all around

-Remove "Accord" and "Sport" letters from rear of the car

If you have advice, I'd really appreciate it!

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,338 Posts
I think you will be fine on the first two. The last, they most likely not notice.

Jay

·
No PRND
583 Posts
I don't think they would notice the fog light bulbs or the tint

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,507 Posts
The service people don't care if a leased car is modded or not. Besides, how would they even know the car is being leased to being with?

I'm going to assume you haven't read your lease agreement yet. It should tell you want you can and cannot do to the car. Basically, before you return the car it needs to be put back to stock or as close to it as possible since the car isn't yours. If you're worried about the badges, keep them and put them back on later. Leaving the tint will usually be okay unless the tint is illegal (i.e. front windshield) or the installer did a crappy job and it's bubbling or turning purple. You'll want to get that fixed otherwise the dealer could charge you to get that fixed/removed.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Why remove "Accord" - it's pretty obvious that's what it is. And to remove "Sport" implies you want to anger the Honda V6 gods, as without that badge people might suspect you have a V6 with your fancy dual exhaust...

Just don't tell me you'll take the Honda "H" off - people around here will do that for free. I think they make necklaces or something. Anyway, I'd be more concerned with excessive dings, interior "wear" (i.e. stained carpets/seats/whatever), cracked windshield, excessively worn tires, general signs of abuse, etc.

If the car was pretty clean minus the badges I don't think that would be a problem. They just want to resell it. The tint I think would be a plus, if done correctly.

·
Hello
105 Posts
window tints are removable, i bet the dealer would keep em on anyways if done/looks right

fog lights are only a bulb change, just keep your oem bulbs in a safe drawer

the only thing is debading it, im pretty sure they would be happy with the badges on so keep them in a safe drawer as well.

and lastly buy out the lease! :)

·
13 ex coupe
39 Posts
Seems like you all think I should buy out the lease! Haha
i just lease accord ex coupe 2weeks ago.. $1500 credt for normal wear and tear.
so you will be fine with out the amblem .they cost less than $100. but try to test drive many car before you sing the paper.i had cvt problem and engine issue .make sure car run fine and no electric problem.
this takes you about 2 week stay in honda dealer to found out and takes more time to replace to new car.
try to avoid get CVT they have alot a issue. get 6speed mt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.