Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Apologies if this is not the optimal forum for this topic (moderators: feel free to move it elsewhere), but I felt that this story SHOULD be shared with the Accord community in some capacity before anybody else makes the mistake of choosing Costco for their new tires. I recently had a family member purchase new tires from a local Costco. Considering that he already "babies" his vehicle, he was already reluctant to leave it in their care. He attempted to do his due diligence of observing the tire service from the waiting area, and could already tell that the service technicians were not being careful with his vehicle. When he got his vehicle home to examine it, he found scratches on every single rim (some of which will never come out). He contacted the Costco customer service department with photo evidence, and they did not take his claim seriously in any capacity. Costco maintains that they did not do any damage to the vehicle (claiming that the scratches must have been fabricated), and will not admit any error on their part.

To be fair, this could happen at ANY tire shop. Technically, it's a risk we all take when choosing new tires. However, the lack of any concern or interest from Costco in regard to this complaint is completely unacceptable. I hope everyone who reads this will take this as an opportunity to learn from this mistake, and carefully examine and document each wheel on your car before having any tire service performed. I would also encourage everyone to find a different tire shop that is NOT related to Costco.

All the best.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,674 Posts
Discount Tire would have covered the repair of those scratches - which fortunately appear minor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts