Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 sedan and recently got new speakers. While taking off the passenger side front door cover I broke a piece for the door cable that lets you open the door from the inside. It really is a poor design, just a small plastic piece that breaks very easily if you arent careful. I got a new cable ($10) and have it. Unfortunately I am not sure how to install it. The cable goes down into the door and I don't know even what to look for. I tried looking around, but havent had any luck. All I need to do is replace the old with new. Any help would be great! Thanks!:thmsup:

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
I have a 2006 sedan and recently got new speakers. While taking off the passenger side front door cover I broke a piece for the door cable that lets you open the door from the inside. It really is a poor design, just a small plastic piece that breaks very easily if you arent careful. I got a new cable ($10) and have it. Unfortunately I am not sure how to install it. The cable goes down into the door and I don't know even what to look for. I tried looking around, but havent had any luck. All I need to do is replace the old with new. Any help would be great! Thanks!:thmsup:
I have replaced one of these before. It isn't really that hard. Just follow the old cable and you will see where it goes. You will have to temporarily remove the plastic film from the door.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
You need to remove the latch mechanism. You will have to unclip the two rods, one for the lock cylinder, and one for the door handle. Be careful, or you will break those clips too. Also, be careful not to bend the rods. Remove the three large screws on the side of the door next to the latch. Then pull the latch out of the door frame. You might have to remove the lower bolt for the window channel so you can move that out of the way to get the latch out of the door. Once you have the latch out, you can remove the cable and replace it. You might also want to consider replacing the door lock actuator since you will have the latch mechanism out of the door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts