Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have my door locks configured to auto-lock when the car reaches 10mph. This works fine, but just yesterday I started noticing that every time I go over 10mph the car will attempt to lock the doors, even if they are already locked. So, for example, if I'm in a parking lot I'll hear the lock noise several times in a row when I'm driving just over/under 10mph.

I don't recall this behavior prior to yesterday, and I've been driving the car almost 2 years with it set like this (and I haven't made any settings changes recently). Is this normal, and I just didn't notice it until now, or is this an issue I should bring up with the dealer?

Apologies if this has been brought up before; I did try searching the forums but didn't find anything similar.

Thanks,

Carl

·
Elvira - the car
3,517 Posts
Hi all,

I have my door locks configured to auto-lock when the car reaches 10mph. This works fine, but just yesterday I started noticing that every time I go over 10mph the car will attempt to lock the doors, even if they are already locked. So, for example, if I'm in a parking lot I'll hear the lock noise several times in a row when I'm driving just over/under 10mph.

I don't recall this behavior prior to yesterday, and I've been driving the car almost 2 years with it set like this (and I haven't made any settings changes recently). Is this normal, and I just didn't notice it until now, or is this an issue I should bring up with the dealer?

Apologies if this has been brought up before; I did try searching the forums but didn't find anything similar.

Thanks,

Carl
When you take off at 10mph visually check all the door locks to see if they are locked. Look at the tab to see if they have actually locked.

If one of the actuators is not locking the doors, and therefore not setting the visual tab on the door, the system may think the doors aren't locked. And they really aren't, at least one isn't. So the system tries to lock them again.

Check it out and let us know what you find.

One other item to check would be the battery. A two year old battery MAY be the cause for phantom electrical problems. What engine,trim do you have? The I4 battery is notorious for being weak.

On a side note, put your car's specifics in your signature and this will help with the answers in the future. RickBlaine will be happy you put your location in.

·
Registered
656 Posts
It's probably your kids playing with the locks. In the future, just leave them ... problem solved! Just Kidding.

On my Accord, if the locks are up, I hear it lock once when reaching 10 mph. If already locked, then I do not hear anything.

Could it be that your FOB button is being inadvertently pressed while driving?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks,

Carl
No, it's not normal. If it were me, I'd cycle the lock settings to something different and then back to see if that fixed it. If it didn't....off to the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you take off at 10mph visually check all the door locks to see if they are locked. Look at the tab to see if they have actually locked.

If one of the actuators is not locking the doors, and therefore not setting the visual tab on the door, the system may think the doors aren't locked. And they really aren't, at least one isn't. So the system tries to lock them again.

Check it out and let us know what you find.
You were right -- one of the doors was not locking! Fortunately my car is still under warranty, so I'll take it in.

Thanks all!

P.S. Thanks also for the signature info; I've filled mine in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts