Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order a Touring and noticed that there aren't too many options beyond floor mats, and maybe mud flaps.

Does anyone have the doorsills (OEM) ...either the illuminated ones, or the regular ones? Pictures? Recommendations?

On one of the options sheets, it LOOKED like the illuminated sills light up red? Did I read that right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am going to order a Touring and noticed that there aren't too many options beyond floor mats, and maybe mud flaps.

Does anyone have the doorsills (OEM) ...either the illuminated ones, or the regular ones? Pictures? Recommendations?

On one of the options sheets, it LOOKED like the illuminated sills light up red? Did I read that right?

Thanks!
Here are some pics of mine, sorry about the crap quality, camera phone can only do so much in the dark. They're blue in colour which is better since the interior light over the center is blue anyways on my Touring.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have non-illuminated and think they're great. Boggles my mind how a car the price of the touring doesn't have door sills.

In my opinion the illuminated sills are extremely tacky but to each their own.

Edit: I actually have an eBay version of the non-illuminated and they are identical to OEM for half the price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have non-illuminated and think they're great. Boggles my mind how a car the price of the touring doesn't have door sills.

In my opinion the illuminated sills are extremely tacky but to each their own.

Edit: I actually have an eBay version of the non-illuminated and they are identical to OEM for half the price.

Can you share a link to the one you have?

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
With pleasure:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-sill-s..._Merchandise&var=&hash=item3386a95ed5&vxp=mtr

A couple notes:
- shipping takes a while coming from Hong Kong
- These are non-illuminated even though ebay page asks you to pick the "LED color". That's a typo, you are really just picking the sill colour (beige or black)
- They come backed with double sided tape

Happy with my purchase.
The Honda OEM non illuminated sill trim have multi step installation instructions...do these just peel and stick or do you have to remove a bunch of parts? Do you lift up the weather stripping to tuck in the edge? The Ebay ones look as good as the genuine Honda ones at least in the photos. Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Honda OEM non illuminated sill trim have multi step installation instructions...do these just peel and stick or do you have to remove a bunch of parts? Do you lift up the weather stripping to tuck in the edge? The Ebay ones look as good as the genuine Honda ones at least in the photos. Thanks.
Peel cover off pre-mounted tape, push and hold where you want sills mounted. Yes, it requires tucking under the weatherstripping a bit but they basically push right underneath.

Take caution with the edges when mounting. They will scratch your paint.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Not to thread jack but...

Does anyone know what connector is used by the illuminated sills to plug into the fuse box? I would love to get one so I can put in some accent lighting under the dash that came on when the door opened like the sills do. There is already a port for it in the fuse box.

Jay

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not to thread jack but...

Does anyone know what connector is used by the illuminated sills to plug into the fuse box? I would love to get one so I can put in some accent lighting under the dash that came on when the door opened like the sills do. There is already a port for it in the fuse box.

Jay
Check my post here: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79891&page=6

The location where i used that pin to provide power to my courtesy door light, you can use the same pin. In fact, if you buy the factory iluminated sills, the wiring harness will plug into that same spot.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i have the non illuminated ones, my friend has the illuminated ones and his are scratched as hell. I feel like the non illuminated ones hold up better as they're brushed ss

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
My friend you are awesome and if there was a BJ smiley you would haev earned it. Since there isnt you get :thmsup:

Jay
A girl once offered me the thumbs instead of the BJ. Didn't like how that ended.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
thumbs and BJ's aside, I have the illuminated ones, and they look great but scratch REALLY REALLY easy. Your finger touching it will scratch it. So cover them ASAP with clear tape or something

·
Registered
164 Posts
thumbs and BJ's aside, I have the illuminated ones, and they look great but scratch REALLY REALLY easy. Your finger touching it will scratch it. So cover them ASAP with clear tape or something
totally agree with you! If they had the genuine illuminated ones in brushed stainless steel I would of got it. Surprisingly on ebay there are couple knockoffs that have the brushed stainless steel but I was just worried about the quality plus no warranty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can find brushed stainless for the sedan but cannot seem to find it for the Coupe. does anyone know if the sedan sils fit the Coupe? I am OK taking the chance on the overseas quality and I certainly do not want to drop 200 plus for the illuminated OE sils especially since I have no intent of ever wiring them up

BXM 701: I am in Toronto. What did the shipping, customs and duties cost you? I have no issues waiting, but I dont want to pay the OE price difference in shipping, duties and taxes !

Any help is appreciated,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts