Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Honda enthusiast
178 Posts
Had this happen when I replaced a door lock actuator. Your handles are not connected so you have to remove door panel by removing screws and pulling until panel comes out, this requires force and you may break some panel clips(don't worry theyre cheap) then you have to manually move door latch with your finger and pop! The door opens!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Okay, stopped by the body shop and he says he may fit me in thursday. he explained he would take the panel off (Im thinking HOW?) and fiddle with it until he gets the drop on the right spot.
That being said, I went home and did what you said michaelowrider, basically ripped off what was left at the dash side (i was able to get the rest off without breaking the clips previously)
Now the window is up and the panel is off as well as that weatherproof plastic. I see the cable is actually sliding this plastic piece down, just as the rod from the handle is. This is working as far as I can tell. I'm at a loss at to what the downward action is supposed to do.
I can move the exterior handle and rod from inside, i can feel this rod move a plastic piece, what is supposed to happen next? what am i supposed to actuate?

·
Honda enthusiast
178 Posts
Now you must manually operate the door latch from inside the door where it latches to the door frame. It's a spring loaded latch, so just search with your fingers until you find some thing spring loaded and fully compress it and open your door! The next thing is figure out what went wrong. You may need some new parts, it sounds like a bent rod possibly. Good luck with your repairs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oy, michael, it's sunday and I had time along with my frustration to taxckle the beast again. GOOD NEWS, I was able to open the door. I seen the spring loaded mechanism you mentioned and it was working fine, it did not open the door however. What did open the door waqs the arm that reaches from that plunger into the lever that releases the latch, it is simply NOT there! So now the part is removed and I understand how it works, let's hope I can get the part in hand and put all back together :)

The lock actuator was in good shape and turns like it should, it was the poor plastic parts taking the beating in the fklorida sun that caused my demise. It makes me wonder if I should replace the driver side BEFORE i get trapped and do it dukes of hazzard style :D

Thanks for all of your input and enjoying the adventure with me ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I will play with this this weekend. Now how did my 6 year old break it??
dude, how did you fix it in the end?
i just did this to my 2005 accord.
the stupid green thing attached to the cable broke off when i took off my door panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put in a new speaker for the driver door in my 2003 Honda accord and two green pieces fell out. Can anyone tell me where they go? They don't appear to be broke .

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I broke the green piece yesterday when I removed the panel to check slow movement of the window. I "fixed" it with a couple of wire ties
I was thinking the same thing, with zip ties.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,640 Posts
The green plastic piece for the inside handle is supposed to be snapped into the bracket on the door panel. I simply held the broken green part in the bracket, then carefully put the door panel back on. It's been years, and neither of them have come out of the bracket. Just test the inside handle, to make sure it works, before installing all the screws and clips on the panel. Good luck people

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
So my green thing is broken how do I fix it and what's it called
You can try to fix/ glue it together, and some have even wrapped zip ties around it, somehow.
I ended up buying the entire cable, as you can't but it separately.
It's a royal PITA to put in. And it's not the end with the green clip that's the issue... It's getting your hand inside the door panel to attach the other end.
I have big hands, but, hopefully, you don't.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Pigcleaners is "One Post Guy"

Reactions: CarlR33
21 - 31 of 31 Posts