Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a personal foible, but I like to have all 4 doors unlocked when the car is safely in my garage so I tend to unlock them when I'm driving (after the auto lock has done its thing when I pass 10mph or so).

Thing is, I have arrived at home to subsequently discover that the doors have "re-locked" themselves.

Did Airbus design the computer logic on this car, am I really in control, or is a little Japanese guy remoting in to my software and messing with me all the way from Yokohama?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Just reconfigure the autolock to engage when you put it in D instead of 10 mph, and to unlock when you put it in P. Consult the manual.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is there any way to check to see if the re-lock feature is enabled? I was unloading stuff from my trunk last night and didn't want to put it into the garage so I left it in the driveway. I was wondering if the car would lock by itself after a preset time elapsed, but not really knowing I locked it manually before going back indoors..

·
Registered
227 Posts
the car only locks itself if u unlock it without opening the doors.... auto relock timer
Ok, the poster doesn't seem to get it, so let's break it down.

If you use the Key FOB to unlock the door(s) and do not physically open the door(s) within about a minute . . .

The car will resecure itself by locking the doors.

Nothing is wrong, that is how it is supposed to work.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Ok, the poster doesn't seem to get it, so let's break it down.

If you use the Key FOB to unlock the door(s) and do not physically open the door(s) within about a minute . . .

The car will resecure itself by locking the doors.

Nothing is wrong, that is how it is supposed to work.
Yes, but the OP didn't imply that he was using the key fob, so who knows maybe there is a little asian man stroking his beard as he effs with OP's car.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Simple fix.. adjust your Vehicle Settings:

Just a personal foible, but I like to have all 4 doors unlocked when the car is safely in my garage so I tend to unlock them when I'm driving (after the auto lock has done its thing when I pass 10mph or so).

Thing is, I have arrived at home to subsequently discover that the doors have "re-locked" themselves.

Did Airbus design the computer logic on this car, am I really in control, or is a little Japanese guy remoting in to my software and messing with me all the way from Yokohama?

• Auto Door Lock:
Changes the setting for the automatic locking feature.

-With Vehicle Speed
-Shift from P/Off
  • Auto Door Unlock:
Changes the setting for when the doors unlock automatically.

-All Doors When Driver’s Door Opens
-All Doors When Shifted To Park
-All Doors When IgnitionSwitched Off/Off

Is there any way to check to see if the re-lock feature is enabled? I was unloading stuff from my trunk last night and didn't want to put it into the garage so I left it in the driveway. I was wondering if the car would lock by itself after a preset time elapsed, but not really knowing I locked it manually before going back indoors..
  • Security Relock Timer:
Changes the time it takes for the doors to relock and the security system to set after you unlock the vehicle without opening any door.

-90sec/60sec/30sec

·
Registered
123 Posts
Simple fix.. adjust your Vehicle Settings:

• Security Relock Timer:
Changes the time it takes for the doors to relock and the security system to set after you unlock the vehicle without opening any door.

-90sec/60sec/30sec
Yea thanks. I read the security lock feature with the timer. My question was more if you got out of your car and walked away with the FOB in your pocket would it time delay and lock itself. Since you would be opening the door to walk away, the manual isn't too clear. I carried some stuff from my car into the house today and wondered if I had to use the FOB/door handle lock or would it just automatically lock itself after a time delay..Easy enough to find out though if it will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts