Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
by looking at it, gonna guess a 2015 model avh-x?700(bt, bhs or something)

x meaning usb and aux plugs in the back.
p meaning they are plugged in the front.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh man :( I wish the compass feature would work. I just got my Belize blue 6-6 Exl coupe and I am about to transfer all of my audio from old accord 8th gen to my new 2011 8.5 gen and I like using the compass lol. I might just get an auto day/night mirror with built in compass

·
Registered
278 Posts
What model pioneer is that?
2015 model, just came out in late Feb.

AVH-2700BS. Very high reviews on amazon.

Was about to get a Sony 710HD for the same price and it was a 7" vs 6.2" (the extra screen real estate is nice), but when I found this in the store, it killed the sony in value, had pretty much everything the sony had, dont have to buy properietary adaptors for the mirrorlink and of course we all know, any Pioneer will sound night and day better than any Sony head unit. Plus theyre more reliable. Had two previous Pioneers in my old car and never had any issues.

Besides, the stores here only had demos of the Sony and I dont feel comfortable shelling out $370 for a demo unit thats been running 24/7 for the past year and a half. If they offered a discount, i would have done it but they couldnt do it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Oh man :( I wish the compass feature would work. I just got my Belize blue 6-6 Exl coupe and I am about to transfer all of my audio from old accord 8th gen to my new 2011 8.5 gen and I like using the compass lol. I might just get an auto day/night mirror with built in compass
It does feel a bit awkward not having the compass or clock show up on the top screen when your fans are off, but not a big deal. Im just glad the fan controls still work when the fans are on! Thats all that mattered to me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine is not pioneer I have an android double din running Android 5.0 and it's fantastic.

Has GPS and everything, I run waze and it's the best!!! Not to mention any Android app including Spotify Pandora etc. Literally android 5.0 in a double din it also connects to my phone through bluetooth as soon as I'm in the car. No complaints what so ever, those that have android know all the wonders it's capable of. For example I have Tasker which depending on my GPS location sets a route with the least traffic. Let's say when I'm leaving work it notices the GPS location and automatically routes the fastest way home taking traffic into account. There's so many features I could talk all day.

Congrats on the new toy! I'm still always playing with mine.
Looks like its a JVC? What model? How much did you pay for it?

Am I the only one here still running stock speakers? lol sure theyre not high end but they actually sound very decent for stock. Im trying to stick with it and not blow anymore money upgrading. The labour is the killer.

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
Model not sure lol I got it on eBay from a company called autopumpkin. So far he's offered good support when android gets updated he updates his software for the double din unit. I was a bit skeptical but after 6months constant use no issues. I'm happy paid a measly 350 for every feature and them some of the other big name brands.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Model not sure lol I got it on eBay from a company called autopumpkin. So far he's offered good support when android gets updated he updates his software for the double din unit. I was a bit skeptical but after 6months constant use no issues. I'm happy paid a measly 350 for every feature and them some of the other big name brands.
Oh your's is a no name brand, thought it was a JVC or something but couldnt tell. Looks nice though. $350 is a steal for that.

Does it have mirrorlink too?

I would love to be able to show the real time weather on my home screen.

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
Yup! mirror link too from my phone to the unit!

·
Registered
278 Posts
^ Nice, havent had any luck with mirrorlink yet but appradio works, though not fully.

What app on your phone are you using for mirrorlink?

Doyou have stock speakers?

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
Naw I'm running Alpine type S gotta say I'm pretty happy with them and got the whole set on a sale on amazon for 150 front and back! Running a stock sub though for the moment and no amp at all so the speakers don't sound as great as they will once I get a sub and amp. The radio came with an app on it. Wifidisplay miracast. I just open the app on the radio go to the screen mirror settings in my phone and connect once the radio pops up on my phone and I'm good to go. Although I rarely use screenshare because my phone is also android. So I just use the phone as my hotspot and the radio essentially is also my phone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
you can always buy the kit below to relocate your a/c control display to below the radio. comes with an extension cable. but it comes in a wood stain finish. which i just repainted.

Special Car Facia(Fascia) Panel, DVD Frame, Dash Kit for HONDA Accord-in Fascias from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Does anyone have a pic of this installed? My issue is that I want to make it look as OEM as possible.

So with this part I can mount a double din at the top and remove the screen at the top? This essentially makes the top screen area a little larger?

I have a 2009 Accord LX 4DR

·
Registered
353 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of this installed? My issue is that I want to make it look as OEM as possible.

So with this part I can mount a double din at the top and remove the screen at the top? This essentially makes the top screen area a little larger?

I have a 2009 Accord LX 4DR
you can find it by clicking on my login name and my photo albums are to the right.

Reactions: tekn1qu3z

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey teken, do you think you could measure the height and width in mm of the opening on your lower double din bezel? I'm doing a custom install and need some more info before I pull the trigger and start buying dash pieces to make it work. Thanks.

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey teken, do you think you could measure the height and width in mm of the opening on your lower double din bezel? I'm doing a custom install and need some more info before I pull the trigger and start buying dash pieces to make it work. Thanks.
The middle fits a standard double dinn unit which is 180 x 100 mm. I would just add a little bit of wiggle room on each side.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts