Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2010 EX-L i4 sedan three weeks ago, and a few days ago I noticed that on the panel behind the left rear headrest (just in front of the speakers), there was what appeared to be a drill hole. Curious that it was only on one side and not the other, I called my Honda service center. The service guy was unaware of this so he told me he would have someone call me back on this. About 15mins later I got a call back from another service guy; he told me that him and two other sales managers went to look at their other cars of the same model and they all had it. They said they did not know that this existed on the 2010 Accords before and none of them knew what it was! I was just relieved that it wasn't a defect on my car. Just thought that you guys might find this interesting of if anyone else noticed this or know what purpose this "drill hole" serves.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hah!!....thanks for the info...i will check on that..lets see if my 09 has it

·
Registered
616 Posts
It's not something new. Many other vehicles has that too, I saw it the first day I did a test drive on the car at showroom.

It's said to be a air release hole.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We just bought our car on the 3rd of June. A few days later I took it in for some accessories and pointed it out to the guy at the service desk. He thought it was a defect, but the actual repair guys took us and showed us several models that have the same thing. I thought it was odd, but since they all had it, not much I could say.

·
I snapped my G string....
2,416 Posts
Its a mike for the ANC.......

Reactions: The_K_Man

·
JaGeR BOMB!
222 Posts
lol i notice the hole yesterday i was like wth is this then i started speaking into it for a sec xP

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Curious, I have it on my 08 LX-P and I don't have ANC. :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
7,848 Posts
The hole is likely drilled for all trim levels to standarize the parts and eliminate parts inventory/variation count.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I noticed that when the wife and I went out to eat on the day we picked up the '10 Accord EX-L V6. I told her to stop by another 8 gen Accord in the parking lot and I got out to check it, sure enough it got the same hole in it too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts