Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 honda accord ex coupe, i purchased some basic drilled and slotted rotors for front and rear. Thank god my dad works for honda so i purchased Honda factory padds for half off. Honda pads look better than autozone and oreily products. What do u guys think is it a good match with factory pads and just replace my stock rotors for drilled and slotted and puting on new honda pads all around. Should run the same right??? I also purchased the rotors for a lil style also. What u guys think ???

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
ceramics will last longer and not brakedust your wheels. and they stop better....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was doing this from an iphone u cant poat pics Like i said basic drilled and slotted rotors ceramic coated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey whats the difference of zinc plated ??

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh okay kool

·
1,927 Posts
ceramics will last longer
Perhaps

and not brakedust your wheels
probably less dust

and they stop better....
they may be more fade-resistant, but your stopping distances are limited by the adhesion of your tires

Drilled and slotted rotors will be noisier and will wear your pads faster due to the well-known "cheese grater" effect on the pads. If you race, you may see a very slight benefit in excessive rain, but that's it. The major benefit of drilled/slotted rotors is cosmetic - they look cool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So good idea or bad idea???? And zink and ceramic? R they the same

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Zinc plating on rotors will help the area not in contact with the brake pads from rusting, for a while anyway, as time will eventually take it's toll and even zinc plated surface will start to rust.

Ceramic is in reference to brake pads material, they will dust less and much easier to clean off from rims, it doesn't stop better or worse than premium (non-racing) pads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see thanks bro so i should be fine right no noise or problems just improving the looks will be a plus. i dont drive hard or brake hard enless i have so thats good in my behalf.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
they will be noisier, they also vent more of the gasses out between pad and rotor, which helps reduce brake fade, the harder the pad the longer it will last..

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
are you saying ceramic will be noisier??? i dont agree...

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YEA BASIC POWER STOP DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS WITH HONDA FACTORY PADS FRONT AND REAR. i HAVE THEM ON STANDBY BECUASE IMA CUSTOM PAINT THE CALIPERS AND ALSO ITS RAINING HERE IN LOS ANGELES AT THE MOMENT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts