Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time to replace my belt, but nobody seems to have it in stock besides the dealer. If anyone has gone to an auto-parts store to buy theirs, where did you go?

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's about time to replace my belt, but nobody seems to have it in stock besides the dealer. If anyone has gone to an auto-parts store to buy theirs, where did you go?
Pepboys, Dayco Serptine belt for 23.00 bux

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Advance Auto Parts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Auto Zone... there's two in inventory, exactly the same but diff. part numbers. Goodyear Gatorback, both fits, one is $44.99 (i bought for my car), and the other is $24.99 (for my cousin car). I did both replacements. Check my signature for a DIY (4cyl, but both engines are similar in steps to perform replacement)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's interesting, Autozone only stocks them online for my area. I actually wrote the DIY to change it on the V6, I just needed to know where to find the part in stock ;)

I stopped by PepBoys last night and asked for the $30 one with the 3-year warranty.. and was given the $20 (inferior looking) belt..being told *after* I looked at the price that they were out of stock for the $30.

I guess I'll try a different PepBoys and return my current one, I need to see if I can get trim clips from them as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
advanced auto parts 1/2 the price of autozone. 21.99 versus 41.99. tough choice lol

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
advanced auto parts 1/2 the price of autozone. 21.99 versus 41.99. tough choice lol
Order the part online, add a bottle of Seafoam, and apply a $10 off $30 coupon. When you check out, select in-store pick up. This way, you buy a belt and basically get a bottle of seafoam for free :D.
(I bought 4 spark plugs [$30] and added 2 seafoam bottles [$20] and used a $20 off $50 coupon.)

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
Auto Zone... there's two in inventory, exactly the same but diff. part numbers. Goodyear Gatorback, both fits, one is $44.99 (i bought for my car), and the other is $24.99 (for my cousin car). I did both replacements. Check my signature for a DIY (4cyl, but both engines are similar in steps to perform replacement)
I got the Gatorback for my 06 for $24.99 ... This was over a year ago, so maybe the prices have changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts