Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing some speakers in my girls '14 sport I button everything up and when I pull the driver side window button all the way back to auto roll the window all the way to the up position it hits the top and then retracts. I've seen this happen if someone had their finger in the window as a safety feature but I didn't mess with the weathering at all. I've checked inside the track/weathering and there's nothing there. If I half pull up on the window button I can roll the window all the way up. I'll add that this isn't the first time I've installed speakers in an 8th/9th accord. In fact I've done it more times than I'm willing to admit. I know the inside and out of every part of an 8th/9th. Clearly I did something but, what exactly, I have no idea. None of my install touches the window/track - All I can think of is something with the new way the door hand mounts to the door. Maybe if you don't install it perfectly it catches on something? IDK, any help would be appreciated.

By the way, the stock speakers in the 9th gens are actually pretty nice for stock speakers, compared to the regular run of the mill paper speakers they usually throw in there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't have a 9th gen, but in other cars I've had, if power is disconnected, you have to "teach" it where all the way up is before the auto-up will work.

Roll up the window, release switch then fully pull and hold switch for a few seconds. Then roll down and try auto-up again.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've disconnected the power so many times in so many 8th and 9th gen accords and never had that problem but I'm going to try it. Thanks.

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,224 Posts
One thing I would check is to bring up the window, with slightly opening and see how the gap is balancing around the weather strip; and compare it with the passenger window. My thinking is that you might have knocked the glass mounting frame that have misalighned it.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got around to checking it and you were right, it's not rolling up perfectly even. I didn't realize it was so fragile. What exactly did I accidentally bump? I'm almost certain I didn't touch it at all but it's not even and I'm the only one that's been inside the door so I don't know :( @acutee

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@acutee - just kidding - it was only slightly imperfect. I followed the steps below to fix the issue. I guess this issue is common if the window isn't all the way open or all the way close when disconnecting the battery.

You have to preform this procedure from the affected window. In this case the driver window.

STEP 1.)
You have to turn the ignition on (II)
Roll the window all the way down.
Open the door.

STEP 2.)
turn ignition to (0) press and hold the power window switch all the way down, turn ignition to (II), and let go. REPEAT THIS STEP 4 TIMES!

STEP 3.)
Pull the power window switch all the way up.
If your window automatically rolls up repeat step 2 all over again (4 TIMES!)
If your window failed to automatically roll up it should have only went up 3% of the way.
Roll your window back all the way down.

STEP 4.)
Pull the power window switch all the way up and hold it. Once the window reaches the top continue to hold the power window switch for 1 more second and let go.

Test that the auto up/down feature works. At this point everything should be working perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts