Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I walked up to my 2018 Sport 2.0 and when I put my hand in the door handle it did not unlock. I tried unlocking from the key fob and it unlocked all doors except the driver door. The passenger had to manually unlock the driver door. The next time it worked without an issue. Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, this has happened 3 times...exactly as it did to you.

I was lucky, each time it occurred while I was filling up with gas and the drivers window was open. I reached in the open window and unlocked the door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tried that, as did the writer of the original post. It didn't work!

The key fob locks/unlocks all of the other doors, not the driver's door. The only way to open the driver's door is from the inside.

I am going to try using the old fashion mechanical key (located in the fob) the next time this happens.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So I figured out the issue on why this does it. I went to the dealership yesterday with the same problem. We were able to replicate it while I was there. The issue for me at least is as I open the driver side door from the inside and if my hand brushes against the lock just right it will place the lock in a position in between lock and unlock. When you close the door the other 3 doors and gas cap door lock. When you go to grab or key fob unlock to open the driver door nothing happens to that door lock but the other 3 unlock and lock. It’s like the lock is in a brain fart mode and doesn’t know what to do. When in this position there are only two ways to open it by actual key or from the inside. My solution for the current moment would be once you place the vehicle in park the door automatically unlocks. My settings were set to unlock when I open the door. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well mine still doing it. Dealership states they were able to replicate it in the shop but it never did it again. Sure enough I get home from picking it up it does it. They said next step is to replace door lock actuator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts